New 6.5.Xbeta version

Started by orux, May 23, 2016, 07:18:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jbrio

Quote from: "Jbrio"hola, en esta nueva beta no encuentro como modificar el tono en acercamiento a un wp o en alejamiento de ruta. O no està o no lo encuentro.

Gracias

A ver, he encontrado el lugar donde seleccionar el tono, pero selecciono uno y no queda fijado, no suena el tono solo la vibración.

Gracias

topolaino

Ciao.

Anche a me piace molto questa versione beta!!!

Ho notato che non si riesce ad impostare altri toni per notifiche fuori percorso e frequenza cardiaca. Io ho Samsung s7.

Grazie orux!!!!!

Maki

I used the new beta a bit now. I sort of regret the old menus, sub-menus don't make things more clear IMHO and introduce one more tap before action. I suppose this is transitory...

I also noticed one negative change during pan and zoom. The image gets pixelated during the action, and (what's more annoying) there is a slightly dark green cast after the finger is released. It's subtle, almost invisible on a GPad 8.3 but much more noticeable on a 2014 MotoX. The regular Play Store version doesn't exhibit this behavior. This is both with mbtiles and mapsforge maps, I didn't test other formats.

Other than that it just worked in basic use, i.e. browsing maps and recording tracks.

orux

Quote from: "Maki"I used the new beta a bit now. I sort of regret the old menus, sub-menus don't make things more clear IMHO and introduce one more tap before action. I suppose this is transitory...

I also noticed one negative change during pan and zoom. The image gets pixelated during the action, and (what's more annoying) there is a slightly dark green cast after the finger is released. It's subtle, almost invisible on a GPad 8.3 but much more noticeable on a 2014 MotoX. The regular Play Store version doesn't exhibit this behavior. This is both with mbtiles and mapsforge maps, I didn't test other formats.

Other than that it just worked in basic use, i.e. browsing maps and recording tracks.

Hello;

About pixelation, I had to disable bitmap paint filtering. It is strange, but using that feature, it takes 10x times to paint the screen with a new Samsung s7 than with a Note 4 or older devices with the same display resolution. I need to do more tests.

orux

msev

Orux can you maybe please give some feedback/your opinon/future plans here in the Android Wear thread: http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3656">http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3656

It is rapidly growing the thread has 5 pages already :).

Quote from: "orux"

Hello;

About pixelation, I had to disable bitmap paint filtering. It is strange, but using that feature, it takes 10x times to paint the screen with a new Samsung s7 than with a Note 4 or older devices with the same display resolution. I need to do more tests.

orux

Quercus.JB

Hola a tod@s, llevo varios días de ruta de andar y he podido comprobar un fallo con la gráfica de altitud y el modo inmersivo. Cuando tienes la ruta cargada, la sigues, etc, la gráfica sale bien, pero en cuanto pasas el dedo para mostrar los controles de andoid, la gráfica desaparece, y no hay manera de q salga de nuevo, salvo parando el track, saliendo y volviendo a entrar y retomando el track. Saludos cordiales.

Enviado desde mi D6503 mediante Tapatalk

orux

Sorry,

updated beta3b version,

orux

adilor78

OK for the GPS problem that did not start on my Note 2, with beta 2, now it's OK.

But the French language, updated for the 6.5.7 release (and 6.5.9) was not taken into account.

Voice announcements have returned incorrects and many menus returned in English.

msev

Ok so I installed this new beta (upgraded the old beta, and also tried with a clean install). Tried new android wear features but none of them works (sony smartwatch 3), do I need to restart my watch for them to start or something? It doesn't go to ambient mode nor does it display waypoints on map. What am I doing wrong? (old features from previous versions still work)

Also bluetooth heartrate doesn't work- I have a Xiaomi Miband 1S and in some previous version it worked. (I did it like its described on the miband thread on your forum). I think I will revert to older beta version where this worked... This bug is also in beta2, while in beta1 it works....The problem is that it can find the miband but it can't select it. I press on it an it doesn't select. in the "heart rate monitor. Current value:) - for 6.5.7beta1 it works, while for beta2 and beta3 these new versions it doesnt. Please please fix.

There is also a bug in the summary screen regarding "time of walking", I got like I was walking 1070 hours  :D. The distance, speed and altitude seem ok.

Regarding what I like - I like to have both drawer and older style layout together, it is great, also the new drawer design is cool and useful.

Also like that you added the option to add the heartrate button.

I also tried with a reinstall, but it also didn't work.

I must say that the hillshading stuff and map rendering stuff seems to work faster than in older versions, kudos orux.

Keep up the good work!

Also how can I get back to version v.6.5.6 or to 6.5.7 since in some of those version I could use the heartrate sensor. I think in the latest stable version there is not even the button for heartrate sensor...strange...

Quote from: "orux"Sorry,

updated beta3b version,

orux

Josean

Muy buenas!

Orux, he tratado de usar la última beta 3b y cuando inicio sensores, al conectar con mi pulsometro ant+, observó que alguna vez se queda pillado y no muestra dato de pulsaciones, sólo hay dos guiones, ni dice el mensaje de voz de la zona de pulsaciones. Cuando si conecta muestra en pantalla las pulsaciones pero el primer mensaje de voz dice siempre 0%Z0. Luego echas a correr y no me canta ninguna de las variaciones en la zona de pulsaciones ( no he llegado a correr con esta versión un km no obstante para saber si a cada km dice bien las estadísticas). He regresado a la beta 2 y funciona de manera correcta.

Saludos y gracias. Josean.

jaimecy

Borrado

Maki

I'm sorry, but I have to say I still think this is a bit of a step back from the current Play Store edition.

First thing is the use of non-standard features like ok/cancel buttons. The fact that those are non-standard is enough for me to not like them (consistency in UI is really important). But the fact they are small and put on top of the dialog box makes them even more uncomfortable to reach and error prone. I tried to like them to no avail.

Menus are better now but I'll never remember what's in "Map tools" vs "Map tweaks"; not that I use that stuff often but I think the two could be joined. "Live sharing" opens a sub-menu with one single element, looks kind of redundant. It would probably be better to open them below the action bar, like in the old version, because currently the first item is obscured by the finger. Also, you risk accidental tapping on the first menu item; with the old system at worst you closed the menu. Swiping from top to reveal the status bar no longer opens the menus like in the old version, so this looks fixed.

The navigation drawer. It's called "navigation" and not "menu" for a reason, because it's meant to give direct access to stuff. Menus have nothing to do here. The only part that works as it should is the profile switcher: swipe, tap, done: direct and fast. The same thing should be done with maps, waypoints and route/tracks. Of course you can't list every waypoint and every track, that's where the "smart" stuff enters filtering by proximity with the current position. I also find the red/gray triangles hard to see, they offer too little contrast and look more like an artifact than a feature, at least with dark or red theme; with the light them it's much better.

Immersive mode is broken. Launch the app, open the lateral panel and tap any of the lower buttons. Then go back to the map. The system bar will remain visible, obscuring the dashboard. I have to swipe the app away from the recent apps screen and relaunch to have it back working. The same happens if I tap the central button to call the launcher and go back to OruxMaps in any way, or open the map/waypoint/track list.

Finally most of the new options (and some of the old ones) require restarting the app. This is user-unfriendly in general, even more so with an OS like Android where there is not an explicit "quit" command. Sometimes to see the effect I have to kill the app as swiping it away from the recent apps isn't enough. I think that 90% of the mobile users aren't geek enough to kill an app. It would be much better to tell the user "This settings requires restart. Should I do it now? [ok/cancel]" and then restart itself. In particular I find switching color theme especially confusing since the dashboard changes immediately giving the impression that the change took effect, but the drawer does not, I really have to kill the app.

Other than the immersive mode above I haven't found bugs so far, but I only tested at home. I hope to do on the field testing soon.

Maki

topolaino

Hi.

thanks for the great work. I found it difficult to change the ring for alerts off course or min and max heart rate! thanks vincenzo

Holiday

Hi Orux,

Thank you for a wonderful app. I wonder, whether all the words in Arrays and Strings are entered. Please, if you could in the next beta version update the Slovenian language, because I currently translated all the Arrays and Strings and I could verify the correctness of the words for the next official version of OM.

Thanks.

orux

Quote from: "Maki"I'm sorry, but I have to say I still think this is a bit of a step back from the current Play Store edition.

First thing is the use of non-standard features like ok/cancel buttons. The fact that those are non-standard is enough for me to not like them (consistency in UI is really important). But the fact they are small and put on top of the dialog box makes them even more uncomfortable to reach and error prone. I tried to like them to no avail.

Menus are better now but I'll never remember what's in "Map tools" vs "Map tweaks"; not that I use that stuff often but I think the two could be joined. "Live sharing" opens a sub-menu with one single element, looks kind of redundant. It would probably be better to open them below the action bar, like in the old version, because currently the first item is obscured by the finger. Also, you risk accidental tapping on the first menu item; with the old system at worst you closed the menu. Swiping from top to reveal the status bar no longer opens the menus like in the old version, so this looks fixed.

The navigation drawer. It's called "navigation" and not "menu" for a reason, because it's meant to give direct access to stuff. Menus have nothing to do here. The only part that works as it should is the profile switcher: swipe, tap, done: direct and fast. The same thing should be done with maps, waypoints and route/tracks. Of course you can't list every waypoint and every track, that's where the "smart" stuff enters filtering by proximity with the current position. I also find the red/gray triangles hard to see, they offer too little contrast and look more like an artifact than a feature, at least with dark or red theme; with the light them it's much better.

Immersive mode is broken. Launch the app, open the lateral panel and tap any of the lower buttons. Then go back to the map. The system bar will remain visible, obscuring the dashboard. I have to swipe the app away from the recent apps screen and relaunch to have it back working. The same happens if I tap the central button to call the launcher and go back to OruxMaps in any way, or open the map/waypoint/track list.

Finally most of the new options (and some of the old ones) require restarting the app. This is user-unfriendly in general, even more so with an OS like Android where there is not an explicit "quit" command. Sometimes to see the effect I have to kill the app as swiping it away from the recent apps isn't enough. I think that 90% of the mobile users aren't geek enough to kill an app. It would be much better to tell the user "This settings requires restart. Should I do it now? [ok/cancel]" and then restart itself. In particular I find switching color theme especially confusing since the dashboard changes immediately giving the impression that the change took effect, but the drawer does not, I really have to kill the app.

Other than the immersive mode above I haven't found bugs so far, but I only tested at home. I hope to do on the field testing soon.

Maki

Hi, Maki,

Test the last beta.

The next version will use the standard material design for all dialogs.

Map tweaks-> you changes how you see the current map, map tools-> you use tools about the map; not sure if the words are correct :)

Menus position: https://material.google.com/layout/structure.html#structure-app-bar">https://material.google.com/layout/stru ... re-app-bar">https://material.google.com/layout/structure.html#structure-app-bar 'A menu is a temporary sheet of paper that always overlaps the app bar, rather than behaving as an extension of the app bar.' It is the standard behaviour.

About 'navigation drawer'. Yes and no; you can find a lot of apps that include all the menus in the navigation drawer. The problem is that, if there is no action bar, or the action bar is used only for 'actions', there is no place where to put 'menus'. For example, Google Maps, there is no action bar, all is in the navigation drawer. I want to do the navigation bar fully configurable, the user will be able to select between a bunch of different actions/options.

Test the immersive mode, it works in a different way with support library than with the old libraries.

Test the new option to change the UI without restart.

orux