8.1.3 GP

Started by Matthias, November 20, 2020, 11:35:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthias

Hello,

after upgrading to version 8.1.3 GP; (16. 11 2020) I tried out the app and clicked on a function - "deactivate some buttons" or similar.

After that, the menu bar (on top) disappeared and the buttons on the side could no longer be called up after they had been hidden; it is also no longer possible to move the map.

When I click on the upper edge of the map, the menu bar will not fade in and when I click on a side of the map, the button bars will not fade in.

Unfortunately, I cannot find a way to deactivate this "lock or deactivation function" to show the menu bar and button bars again.

Can anyone give me a hint?

lneam

is this a beta version ?
my play store shows 8.1.2 GP for download

Lenz

Hello Matthias,

although I can't find a 8.1.3 GP I guess you have hidden the upper button bar (action bar) and locked the screen.

- open the navigation drawer (wipe in from the left edge)
- open global settings (the gearwheel on top of the drawer)
- User interface
- Miscellaneous UI
- deactivate "No Action Bar"

- tap the three squares in the upper button bar (it should be visible now)
- Lock/Unlock Screen

Matthias

Thanks first of all.

I did not find the function "no Action Bar" but "Hide menu bar" and "Hide navigation bar".
I clicked both.

Now I cant open the navigation drawer ( no wipe in from the left Edge possible anymore)

Now I can no longer open the settings!

Maki

Same here. I inadvertently touched the "lock" command in the menu and went out of control.

Before activating such a nasty thing the user MUST be taught how to get out of it.

Matthias

Hi Maki,

could you deactivate the function?
Maybe you can help me?!

Matthias

Lenz

@ Matthias
Where did you download version 8.1.3 GP? In Google Playstore the latest version is 8.1.2. There are some dubious sites offering a 8.1.3 GP patched - whatever it means.
Did you translate the functions "Hide menu bar" and "Hide navigation bar" from e.g. German to English or did you use the English version of Oruxmaps? In the English version (8.1.2 GP) the functions are "No Action Bar" and "No Navigation Drawer". These two functions can't be activated at the same time!
If you activated "Hide upper buttons" (after 10 seconds) and "No Navigation Drawer" the upper button bar is shown for 10 s after a restart - enough time to unlock the screen.
I'm sorry but I can't reproduce this behaviour (locked screen & deactivated upper button bar and navigation drawer).

Matthias

Hello,

Thanks for the answers.

Today I downloaded version 8.1.4 GP from the google play store.
The problem has been solved (error correction with this update)