Distance line text

Started by Maki, July 04, 2023, 11:10:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maki

Hi,

I was wondering if it is possible to have the distance line* text positioned at the bottom (just above the dashboard, or maybe *in* the dashboard) like it was before. It seemed a good idea at first, but honestly it become annoying fast. It's not that every time I pan the map I'm interested in knowing the distance, sometimes I'm just looking at the map searching for a road or something, and the damn text covers the map. A smartphone screen isn't that big anyway, even if the text is at the bottom is plenty reachable and readable.

I haven't found any option in the preferences, but maybe I missed it.

* I mean, the line drawn from map center to GPS position that shows distance, elevation difference and slope

Tronpo

Quote from: Maki on July 04, 2023, 11:10:44 AM
Hi,

I was wondering if it is possible to have the distance line* text positioned at the bottom (just above the dashboard, or maybe *in* the dashboard) like it was before. It seemed a good idea at first, but honestly it become annoying fast. It's not that every time I pan the map I'm interested in knowing the distance, sometimes I'm just looking at the map searching for a road or something, and the damn text covers the map. A smartphone screen isn't that big anyway, even if the text is at the bottom is plenty reachable and readable.

I haven't found any option in the preferences, but maybe I missed it.

* I mean, the line drawn from map center to GPS position that shows distance, elevation difference and slope

Yes, it is possible to be in configuration >visual elements >dashboard>Attach measurements to the scorecard.

This function is no longer linked to using line last GPS position, it can be used independently.
Fortunately it was not removed, only improved

🅃🅁🄾🄽🄿🄾

Maki

Thanks, I looked everywhere except there  :)