Sub-menus are backfiring...

Started by Maki, April 06, 2017, 08:36:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maki

Hi Orux,

apparently a lot of people isn't smart enough to understand the concept of sub-menus, nor they can investigate a bit before complaining. The italian Play store has quite a bit of negative comments about the latest version. The complain is always the same "they removed the ability to download maps". Of course  I lack the ability to answer to comments. I don't know exactly what to suggest between answering comments (I can write a standard answer in italian if you want), going back to simple menus, a welcome splash screen that illustrates the new features or...

Maki

orux

Quote from: "Maki"Hi Orux,

apparently a lot of people isn't smart enough to understand the concept of sub-menus, nor they can investigate a bit before complaining. The italian Play store has quite a bit of negative comments about the latest version. The complain is always the same "they removed the ability to download maps". Of course  I lack the ability to answer to comments. I don't know exactly what to suggest between answering comments (I can write a standard answer in italian if you want), going back to simple menus, a welcome splash screen that illustrates the new features or...

Maki

I'm afraid that the problem is not related to submenus.

The problem is with some online maps that now can not be dowloaded, for example the default maps, from openstreetmap. With those maps the download map option is not available anymore.

Some of those maps are not free, and others the servers are overburned.

orux

orux

Quote from: "orux"
Quote from: "Maki"Hi Orux,

Maki

I'm afraid that the problem is not related to submenus.

The problem is with some online maps that now can not be dowloaded, for example the default maps, from openstreetmap. With those maps the download map option is not available anymore.

Some of those maps are not free, and others the servers are overburned.

orux

I will add more information about that problem in next versions, I always recommend download maps from mapsforge offline sources.

orux

eartrumpet

Maybe it would be more transparent by not removing the map download button for those maps, but opening a window with an explanation why the map download isn't possible.

orux

Quote from: "eartrumpet"Maybe it would be more transparent by not removing the map download button for those maps, but opening a window with an explanation why the map download isn't possible.

Yes, it is a good solution,

orux