WearOS

Started by davidmaigmo, June 30, 2023, 04:56:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidmaigmo

Hola compañeros!
Llevo usando OruxMaps Donación desde 2013, y siempre he considerado que era la mejor App de GPS existente. Tanto es así que, salvo para grandes travesías en montaña, hace años que desplazó a mi Garmin GPSMap 64.

Recientemente me he comprado un Samsung Galaxy Watch 5, y he podido probar la versión de Orux para WearOS.
¿Sabéis si hay planes de sacar nuevas versiones? Me encantaría poder usar Orux, y sus capacidades (seguimiento de tracks, mapas offline, etc) en el reloj.

Gracias y muy agradecido por el gran trabajo que hacéis!

Uli

It is great to have a WearOS of Oruxmaps for the watch.
So far it seams to work a bit differently to the former beta version?
But Im still testing it on my galaxy watch6.

matt

after seeing Ulis post, i checked now on my WearOS watch for updates.
And it updated to 0.0.23 of OruxMaps on my watch.
The main menue looks a bit different now, but as far as i see, no new functions.
I am still wondering of it would be possible to mirror offline maps from the phones OruxMaps, e.g. OpenAndroMaps/Elevate, to the WearOS watch.
Matt

Uli

Most of the time I use the watch to show my heartrate on the Oruxmaps diplay of my phone.
That worked fine with the former beta version - even when the watch screen was dark.
Unfortunately with the new version the heartrate is updated on the phone screen  only when the watch screen is on.
Is that intended or is there a workaround?

Uli

Jose solved my problem:

, if you have a device with Wear OS 4, you have to go to the device settings > BAttery and device care > Battery > Sleeping apps. Then long press OruxMaps, and remove it from sleeping apps. If not, the app can not work in background.