New beta 10.5.x [CLOSING THIS THEAD, NEW BETA AVAILABLE]

Started by orux, January 10, 2024, 09:24:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tronpo

Quote from: Lenz on February 19, 2024, 04:13:10 PM
Hello Orux,
among the "other minor changes" in beta 7 I found out that the "straight lines" option in the route planner ads intermediate points and thus fits the route to the landscapes surface. This is really great and makes route planning with longer off road sections really comfortable! Thanks a lot Orux.

When planning routes two really important parameters (at least for me) are the distance and the elevation gain. When you start the route planner these items are hidden by default and when you show them you lose a lot of the map with the sliders for highway/surface and graph. Maybe you could think about showing the route parameters by default and place the sliders above them (hidden by default).

Maybe you also could take a look at the elevation gain and loss calculation. When you plan a round trip with the route planner there are big differences in gain and loss which should be zero (or at least close to zero because of rounding errors). I tried it with some routes with a length of about 10 - 12 km an an elevation gain of 1000-1200 m which led to differences between 90 to nearly 200 m depending on the terrain. Even after an altitude correction with Sonny's DEM files the differences were huge. But when i joined the segments everything was ok.

Best regards
Martin

Totally agree, to your reference on the top bar.
I also add that it would be very interesting to be able to relate the altitude graph to the route, let me explain:
By clicking on the altitude graph a specific point, it is reflected in some way on the track that is being planned.

I've also noticed the differences you mention in the unevenness between a track with the segments and the same one with the segments joined

odin

In beta8 when I go to edit a saved route I try to use free selection mode to select areas I want to delete but it says nothing selected, I think it's a bug :)

abdullahosm

Quote from: abdullahosm on January 30, 2024, 07:31:00 AM
There is a slight problem in the way the help displays the route plan, and this may be due to the language orientation. A video of the difference between these screens when the application language is in Arabic/English:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-t7q9ygLgc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ru3Kgljzqc

Thank you, I tried the new version and now it works correctly. I have a suggestion to make the track export method the same as the waypoint export method (so that it shows a list of other applications to share the file instead of going to the file manually via the file manager):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpYBahRfZrg

Tronpo

Quote from: abdullahosm on February 24, 2024, 09:52:59 AM
Thank you, I tried the new version and now it works correctly. I have a suggestion to make the track export method the same as the waypoint export method (so that it shows a list of other applications to share the file instead of going to the file manually via the file manager):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpYBahRfZrg

Hello, this is now possible, instead of exporting, within the track properties use the share option.
https://youtube.com/shorts/92OE1CzISGE?si=0hkWLAAiDcSqNGU6

Tronpo

Hello orux!! It would be interesting to have the option of an automatic switch between night mode and day mode, using the phone's ambient light sensor.
For example, when we go through a tunnel

Thank you

abdullahosm

Quote from: Tronpo on February 24, 2024, 03:28:39 PM
Hello, this is now possible, instead of exporting, within the track properties use the share option.
https://youtube.com/shorts/92OE1CzISGE?si=0hkWLAAiDcSqNGU6

Thank you so much, I didn't know this was possible any other way!

Tronpo

Hello orux!!
In view of improving the following route function:
Is it possible that when we deviate from the route, a line will automatically be displayed from our position to the nearest point of the route with distance information?
In walking activities it is easy to use tools to do this, but for example in cycling it is more complicated...
If that "away from route" line is kept (updated) until we get back on the road again that would be fantastic
Here's a visual example to make the concept easier.

dietherr

Quote from: Tronpo on February 29, 2024, 08:54:24 AM
Hello orux!!
Is it possible that when we deviate from the route, a line will automatically be displayed from our position to the nearest point of the route with distance information?
In walking activities it is easy to use tools to do this, but for example in cycling it is more complicated...
If that "away from route" line is kept (updated) until we get back on the road again that would be fantastic

Yes, i can also say, that this would be a great function!
This feature works already very good with the iGPSport IGS630 Bike Navi.
If you leave the track, there is a line displayed, which shows the direction to the track.
It is a good and simple alternative for rerouting.

The second thing is to automatically show an arrow before turn-left or turn-right.
For example turn left in 100 meters...50 meters. Maybe it's an idea to bind that in condition to the turn-angle of the track?

Tronpo

Quote from: dietherr on March 01, 2024, 08:49:11 AM
Yes, i can also say, that this would be a great function!
This feature works already very good with the iGPSport IGS630 Bike Navi.
If you leave the track, there is a line displayed, which shows the direction to the track.
It is a good and simple alternative for rerouting.

The second thing is to automatically show an arrow before turn-left or turn-right.
For example turn left in 100 meters...50 meters. Maybe it's an idea to bind that in condition to the turn-angle of the track?

Hello, if I haven't misunderstood you, the second option you mention is already done by Oruxmaps.
When you are following the route and this route has direction indicators, it gives you avusis de viz with the instructions. And if you have activated "show next waypoint" you can also see the direction icons with some more information, direction, arrival time.

Best regards

Tronpo

Hello Orux!!
It didn't take long for you to implement the automatic mode, thank you!!
I inform you of my two devices, in one there is no way for it to work :
Oppo A9 2020, other apps with similar functions work properly.

Thank you

orux

Quote from: Tronpo on February 29, 2024, 08:54:24 AM
Hello orux!!
In the next version we will talk about searching a new route, now that we have improved the route planner.
There are a series of doubts:

--find a new complete route to the destination or the fastest one that returns to the planned route?
--respect the calculation waypoints or not?

orux

orux

Quote from: Tronpo on March 03, 2024, 07:17:49 AM
Hello Orux!!
It didn't take long for you to implement the automatic mode, thank you!!
I inform you of my two devices, in one there is no way for it to work :
Oppo A9 2020, other apps with similar functions work properly.

Thank you

What value do you use in settings > maps > night mode threshold? Use a high value.

If you cover the top of the phone with your hand, doesn't it change?

orux

Tronpo

Quote from: orux on March 03, 2024, 07:54:18 AM
What value do you use in settings > maps > night mode threshold? Use a high value.

If you cover the top of the phone with your hand, doesn't it change?

orux

Use several different values with none making the change.
I've also tried covering the phone.
Look for the phone manufacturer's information, if it has one, and where the sensor is.
Tops next to the camera.
But it doesn't do anything

Tronpo

Quote from: Tronpo on March 03, 2024, 10:06:24 AM
Use several different values with none making the change.
I've also tried covering the phone.
Look for the phone manufacturer's information, if it has one, and where the sensor is.
Tops next to the camera.
But it doesn't do anything

I've been checking, it may not be Oruxmaps' fault, the other apps with automatic night mode are linked to a time slot, if I cover the light sensor, the night mode is not activated either.
Luckily for me, the terminal I use for the bike works the automatic mode perfectly, perhaps it would be optimal to be able to add to this function the times of sunset and sunrise.

Thanks again for your work

Tronpo

Quote from: orux on March 03, 2024, 07:51:05 AM
In the next version we will talk about searching a new route, now that we have improved the route planner.
There are a series of doubts:

--find a new complete route to the destination or the fastest one that returns to the planned route?
--respect the calculation waypoints or not?

orux

Great, since you open the door to recalculate route, I will transfer your questions to a group of users to be able to give you a broader answer, and save you work by giving a result more to the taste of several users.

Great news!!