New beta 10.5.x [CLOSING THIS THEAD, NEW BETA AVAILABLE]

Started by orux, January 10, 2024, 09:24:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lenz

Hello Orux,
the names of waypoints (also the altitude of the highest/lowest point) belonging to a route are displayed incorrectly in beta 10. Waypoints of a track are shown correctly.

Tronpo

Quote from: Lenz on March 06, 2024, 05:12:44 PM
Hello Orux,
the names of waypoints (also the altitude of the highest/lowest point) belonging to a route are displayed incorrectly in beta 10. Waypoints of a track are shown correctly.

I confirm this, and add, the existing waypoints in the database also show their wrong name (colors) when loaded on the map.
When a new waypoint is created, it displays correctly when adding to the current track
Incorrectly when adding to the active route.

Tronpo

Hello orux!!
Trying automatic night mode following the route, in one of the light changes (streetlight), "the map is no longer visible"
Openandromaps Map
VTM Viewer
Tema vtm OruxGP.
To make the map visible again:
Turn off Auto Night Mode
Restart app

orux

Hello!

beta updated...

orux

Tronpo

Quote from: orux on March 07, 2024, 03:49:39 PM
Hello!

beta updated...

orux

Error with waypoint name colors fixed 👍.
I haven't been able to test the Auto Night Mode theme 😞.
Doubts about the configuration of the threshold of the automatic night mode, the higher the value, the more "amount" of light or exposure time to it is needed to enter or exit the night mode, correct?

Have a nice weekend

orux

Quote from: Tronpo on March 08, 2024, 10:12:02 AM
Error with waypoint name colors fixed 👍.
I haven't been able to test the Auto Night Mode theme 😞.
Doubts about the configuration of the threshold of the automatic night mode, the higher the value, the more "amount" of light or exposure time to it is needed to enter or exit the night mode, correct?

Have a nice weekend

The theshold are the lumens (lux) used for the transition from one state to the other. I think 15 > 20 is the right value...

It depends strongly with the device sensor, but the approximate values are:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lux

0.0001Moonless, overcast night sky
0.002Moonless clear night sky with
0.05–0.3Full moon on a clear night
3.4Dark limit of civil twilight under a clear sky
20–50Public areas with dark surroundings
50Family living room lights
80Office building hallway/toilet lighting
100Very dark overcast day

Tronpo

Quote from: orux on March 08, 2024, 04:18:01 PM
The theshold are the lumens (lux) used for the transition from one state to the other. I think 15 > 20 is the right value...

It depends strongly with the device sensor, but the approximate values are:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lux

0.0001Moonless, overcast night sky
0.002Moonless clear night sky with
0.05–0.3Full moon on a clear night
3.4Dark limit of civil twilight under a clear sky
20–50Public areas with dark surroundings
50Family living room lights
80Office building hallway/toilet lighting
100Very dark overcast day

Thank you!! Between 15 and 20 I found the best fit for my use.

notbru

DEM-based maps are wonderful. Especially using them as overlays.
Please make it possible to change the colours in the slope-map with tapping on colour in the slope-legend.
(there exist several standards)

Thank you, notbru

Tronpo

Quote from: orux on March 07, 2024, 03:49:39 PM
Hello!

beta updated...

orux

In today's beta 11 test the map remains throughout the journey, the bug seems to be fixed.
Auto Night Mode +vtm

ut

Quote from: ut on February 09, 2024, 11:17:21 AM
On my phone with mapsforge maps (OAM) news slope and relief map overlays do not work with standard view (theme Elevate),
but only with VTM viewer and its theme

I discovered that using : Global settings - Maps - Mapsforce settings - Apply hill shadows  causes  slope and relief map overlays do not work.
Unflagging this option the overlays work perfectly with Mapsforge and Elevate. Furthermore using overlays option - show/hide shadows I find a faster rendering than the the one obtained with the setting indicated above.

Perhaps the entry Global settings - Maps - Mapsforce settings - Apply hill shadows could be eliminated as it is useless and potentially blocking the new overlays

Tronpo

Quote from: ut on March 11, 2024, 07:34:22 PM
I discovered that using : Global settings - Maps - Mapsforce settings - Apply hill shadows  causes  slope and relief map overlays do not work.
Unflagging this option the overlays work perfectly with Mapsforge and Elevate. Furthermore using overlays option - show/hide shadows I find a faster rendering than the the one obtained with the setting indicated above.

Perhaps the entry Global settings - Maps - Mapsforce settings - Apply hill shadows could be eliminated as it is useless and potentially blocking the new overlays

Hello!! Indeed, the mapsforge shading, which has always "dominated" the general shading, seems that this has been extended by "overriding" the rest of the layers based on DEM (relief, slopes). In my opinion the elimination of the mapsforge shading would be a "loss", since this shading has the peculiarity of being shown in specific layers of the mapsforge map (defined by the creator of the mapsforge theme) such as in some cases it is above the terrain and below of roads, paths, labels, etc. Unlike the general shading that shows on top of everything. But I would like a notice in the interface informing about it, for example it would have saved me some confusion. Greetings

leo

Waypoints in beta11 version are always mysteriously missing.

Tronpo

Quote from: leo on March 12, 2024, 12:52:43 PM
Waypoints in beta11 version are always mysteriously missing.

Hello, won't you have hide waypoint enabled?

leo

I don't know where the hidden button is? There is nothing on the waypoint list

leo

Can you add a feature? Create a map along the track