New beta version, 7.5.9betaX

Started by orux, July 05, 2019, 08:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

afgb1977

Quote from: jb on May 04, 2020, 08:41:26 AM
Hello,

i have used several versions of the beta with openandromaps.com. Now I am on lineage os 17.1 and if I try to download the maps from openandromaps,  Orux tells me that, I don't have a Wifi connection. But every other apps works with wifi.
Is there a problem with Lineage oder some setting I can change?
Thanks in advance.
Hi. You can treat indirect download. Copy to your download folder and from there to the Orux mapfiles.

jb

Thanks! I did it that way now. Works :)

Andrea65

Hello Orux, Matt and afgb1977, for the support provided.
I downloaded the 1" DEM of Italy, extracted all the HGT and copied into the DEM folder of OruxMaps.

However, I still do not understand how to verify the DEM coverage and its correct setup.
I mean, from the main view of a displayed map I know the option for checking which map is active, but I don't know how to check "which" (if existing) DEM is the active.

Thanks again and kind regards,
Andrea

PS for Orux: I see now you released beta 41 declaring to go back to previous total ascent calculation algorithm...
I plan to test it this afternoon. I will let you know. Regards

afgb1977

Quote from: Andrea65 on May 05, 2020, 10:09:34 AM
Hello Orux, Matt and afgb1977, for the support provided.
I downloaded the 1" DEM of Italy, extracted all the HGT and copied into the DEM folder of OruxMaps.

However, I still do not understand how to verify the DEM coverage and its correct setup.
I mean, from the main view of a displayed map I know the option for checking which map is active, but I don't know how to check "which" (if existing) DEM is the active.

Thanks again and kind regards,
Andrea

PS for Orux: I see now you released beta 41 declaring to go back to previous total ascent calculation algorithm...
I plan to test it this afternoon. I will let you know. Regards

Hi. There are several ways to verify coverage.
- In Configuration - Visual Elements - Dashboard - Control Panel Elements, you can enable the DEM Height icon (the mountain with a D next to it), as you scroll the map and this item displays a height, you have coverage.
- Enable DEM-based Maps.

Andrea65

Hello Orux,

I tested today your last Beta 41 and I found it a lot better than the Beta 39.

I sent you GPX files and screenshots by email along with plenty of details about my test.

You really did a great job in improving the altimeter management and total ascent calculation.
Thanks a lot and kind regards,
Andrea

Andrea65

Hello afgb1977,
many thanks for your tip! Very useful.
Kind regards, Andrea

afgb1977

orux

ljyxhhs

When creating 3D models with contour lines(in DEM *.hgt), full-screen display is not possible on Samsung phones such as S10 and S20 series phones,hope next version will have full screen display, thanks

Stefanand

Since Beta 38 or 39 I do not get proper "track thumbnails" in track-list. Sometimes none only half or with black background ( no map). "Reload TRack Thumbnails" dont help.

Not sure if I changed something else like new maps etc.

Anybody with the same problem ?

orux

Quote from: Stefanand on May 11, 2020, 04:41:25 PM
Since Beta 38 or 39 I do not get proper "track thumbnails" in track-list. Sometimes none only half or with black background ( no map). "Reload TRack Thumbnails" dont help.

There was a problem with some beta version with the maps used for the thumbnail (OpenStreetMaps). Now they have some tile download limits (I think per IP).
But the last beta version should work, it uses an alternative if OSM is not returning tiles.

orux

Stefanand

Quote from: orux on May 11, 2020, 06:09:30 PM
Quote from: Stefanand on May 11, 2020, 04:41:25 PM

There was a problem with some beta version with the maps used for the thumbnail (OpenStreetMaps). Now they have some tile download limits (I think per IP).
But the last beta version should work, it uses an alternative if OSM is not returning tiles.

orux

Ok understood how it works - I deleted a few days ago the online map cache  - now I switched to Online OSM and.. track by track getting back the thumbnails THANKS

afgb1977

Hola Orux.
Alguien hace la sgte. consulta en Grupo de Telegram OruxMaps:
"Una consultilla sobre la ultima beta (7.5.9_43), yo llevo el Oruxmaps vinculado al Strava para que me suba los datos al final de la creación de un track. Antes era casi automático, lo tenia configurado para que solo me pidiera confirmación para subir gpx pero ahora es como si mis datos de usuario de strava no se quedasen guardados y cada vez que acabo el ejercicio debo conectar a strava y luego subir gpx sino lo hago asi me da error al crear gpx"

'A query about the last beta, I take the Oruxmaps linked to the Strava so that it uploads the data at the end of the creation of a track. Before it was almost automatic, I had it configured so that it only asked me for confirmation to upload gpx but now it is as if my user data from strava is not saved and every time I finish the exercise I must connect to strava and then upload gpx if I do not So it gives me error when creating gpx"
Alguien tiene el mismo problema? O como se puede solucionar?

orux

Quote from: afgb1977 on May 14, 2020, 01:49:14 PM
Hola Orux.
"Una consultilla sobre la ultima beta (7.5.9_43), yo llevo el Oruxmaps vinculado al Strava para que me suba los datos al final de la creación de un track. Antes era casi automático, lo tenia configurado para que solo me pidiera confirmación para subir gpx pero ahora es como si mis datos de usuario de strava no se quedasen guardados y cada vez que acabo el ejercicio debo conectar a strava y luego subir gpx sino lo hago asi me da error al crear gpx"

'A query about the last beta, I take the Oruxmaps linked to the Strava so that it uploads the data at the end of the creation of a track. Before it was almost automatic, I had it configured so that it only asked me for confirmation to upload gpx but now it is as if my user data from strava is not saved and every time I finish the exercise I must connect to strava and then upload gpx if I do not So it gives me error when creating gpx"

No debería pasar, a mí me funciona bien.
Las credenciales se guardan, solo vuelve a pedirlas si Strava deniega el acceso con las ya guardadas.

orux

Josean

Quote from: orux on May 14, 2020, 09:17:14 PM
Quote from: afgb1977 on May 14, 2020, 01:49:14 PM
Hola Orux.

No debería pasar, a mí me funciona bien.
Las credenciales se guardan, solo vuelve a pedirlas si Strava deniega el acceso con las ya guardadas.

orux
Yo llevo muy poco tiempo subiendo mis recorridos a Strava y también me ocurre, pero yo lo achaco a que el reloj, un amazfit, y usando la aplicación propia de amazfit también la tengo configurada para subir los recorridos automáticamente a Strava con la misma cuenta. No se si sera el caso, yo desde luego pienso que es por eso, pero tampoco he realizado prueba alguna para descartar.
Saludos.