New beta version 8.0.x [CLOSED, NO BETA VERSION AVAILABLE]

Started by orux, August 03, 2020, 11:12:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThomasSc

For realistic values of Altitude on track I would like to get back the option "Apply altitude filter" to uncheck.
Till 7.5.10GP there was the option and also on 7.4.22 or now on 7.4.23 and I have realistic values.
Why is it not possible to get it back?

6745th@web.de

moving the graph of the route is not possible.

i can zoom, but not moving arround.

see attachment, i want to zoom to my current position. but zoom is always to center of the graph, so my position leaves the graph to the right.

Wollace

Hi Orux,

I have a Pixel 2 XL, and since I upgraded to Android 11, I don't have access to the memory with the current beta version.

I already tried to reinstall and granted the appropriate rights. Nevertheless I can't load e.g. an offline map from the configured folder.

With the last official version (7.4.22) it works without problems.

carioco

buenas don Orux!!!!!!

se que no es el sitio, pero si que es donde mas avances hace la app, así que lo suelto por aquí a ver si tiene buena acogida.

Llevo ya años usando la app, simplemente no encuentro otra igual, es más, trabajo en una tienda de bicis y vendo garmins, pero literalmente no le encuentro ningún beneficio para lo que hago.

El tema es que si hay un apartado donde orux se está quedando atrás, aunque creo que simplemente es un tema de visualización de datos, ya que la información ya está en la app si llevas los sensores de la bici conectados, me refiero a lo que esta mas de moda actualmente en el ciclismo, los potenciómetros.

Actualmente en orux solo se muestran algunos datos brutos de los sensores de potencia, creo que sería interesante actualizar la app con alguna apartado especial donde se muestren esos datos refinados, tal y como demandan los ciclistas en algunos dispositivos

potencia bruta
potencia media
potencia ponderada
FTP
y algunas cosillas mas

Y en referencia a esto, hay un botón que no termina de funcionar, por lo menos cuando se suben las rutas a strava, el boton nuevo segmento, si no me equivoco se asemeja al "vuelta" de garmin, cuando se suben las rutas a strava para su posterior análisis, aunque crees segmentos dentro del track, en strava no los detecta como esas "vueltas" de garmin, y sería realmente interesante para entrenos específicos, que junto a datos de potencia hace que garmin en ese aspecto esté "mejor".

pues eso, si lo ves interesante se le podría dar una vuelta.

un saludo y gracias.

YvanCB

Hello,
Is there a way to disable the creation of the thumbnail in the database ? The weight of the database is bigger with these images.
Regards.

Juanjo

Hola,

he probado la nueva función de simulador de GPS y funciona perfectamente. Solo un detalle, aun teniendo activada la opción para corregir la altitud sobre el geoide, todas las lecturas del GPS (simulado en este caso) son unos 50 m mas bajas que las que me proporciona el DEM, por lo que entiendo que son  altitudes sobre el elipsoide.

Saludos

JCS666

Quote from: Juanjo on September 28, 2020, 09:22:14 PM
Hola,

he probado la nueva función de simulador de GPS y funciona perfectamente. Solo un detalle, aun teniendo activada la opción para corregir la altitud sobre el geoide, todas las lecturas del GPS (simulado en este caso) son unos 50 m mas bajas que las que me proporciona el DEM, por lo que entiendo que son  altitudes sobre el elipsoide.

Saludos

Simulador GPS, como se accede? donde esta?.

Juanjo

Quote from: orux on August 03, 2020, 11:12:49 AM
4.-OruxMaps as mock locations provider. With that tool, you can replay your Tracks, or use them as simulated locations for other apps. It is a bit hidden that feature:
a) you have to enable developer options in your Android.
b) then, in Developer options, select OruxMaps as mock locations provider app.
c) In the current beta, the only way to start/stop mock locations is by adding a new button at the left/right buttons bar-->mock locations button.d) When you press that button, the app allows you to select the GPX/KML file you want to use for generating mock locations. A new icon will be displayed at the Android buttons bar. If you start the GPS, the app will receive the mock locations, like other apps. If you want to use a Track from your Tracks list, select it, there is a new option to start mock locations with that Track.

You can tweak the mock locations speed if you open the right panel, there are two +/- buttons to increase/decrease the speed of locations sent to the device.

Use it with care! Remember that are simulated locations for all the apps that are listening for locations!

Está explicado en el primer post de este hilo. Es algo enrevesado, pues tienes que activar las opciones de desarrollador en tu dispositivo, si no sabes como se hace busca en google.

JCS666

Gracias Juanjo.
Las opciones de desarrollador las tengo activas, lo que tengo problemas es con el lenguaje de Orux.
Venga que lo prueben los ingleses.

Juanjo

Quote from: JCS666 on September 29, 2020, 04:43:04 PM
Gracias Juanjo.
Las opciones de desarrollador las tengo activas, lo que tengo problemas es con el lenguaje de Orux.
Venga que lo prueben los ingleses.

Hombre, yo creo que si copias lo que he puesto ahí arriba en en el traductor de google se entiende perfectamente...
Este foro lo lee gente de muchos países, entiendo que esa información se dé en inglés, que es el idioma internacional de facto, nos guste o no. 

Andrea65

Hello Development Team,

any news about the new version 8? Has it been abandoned/canceled?

I mean, the last Beta7 was released more than 2 months ago...

Kind regards, Andrea

Imperius

Hi Orux,
with the last update a display problem has appeared, when I have the phone with the application running and the display off, when I turn the display back on, the map no longer appears but only the white screen with the red trace of the route I am recording , to make the map in use reappear I have to touch the screen and move the map below, in this way the map reappears.

Mapper-Alps12

Hello Orux,

for me also in beta8 the problem as described in the post before appears. We had that bug some betas ago and you were able to fix that.

One suggestion for Mapsforge POI search: would it be possible to search not just in the "Name" and also in the "ref" or other tags. I ask because search for emergency access points, which normally don't have a name but a ref, is not possible by ref. I tested in another app (Cruiser) and here it works. It would be nice if you could implement or fix that, because we use openandromaps, which contains all emergency access points in our region, for rescue operations. Thanks!

Mapper-Alps12

Hola Orux,

it's me again. While working with beta8 I recognized that rendering of Geo-PDF maps is much more worse than in the GP-Version 8.0.7 and the web-Version 7.4.23. In nearly every Geo-PDF map many (up to half of the display) raster tiles are not rendered or shown in the map. It doesn't matter if you chose the orux PDF-Engine (that ist chosen by default) or you manualle chose the Andorid-PDF-Enginge. It happens in both cases and every Geo-PDF map I have. If necessary I can send you a screenshot.

Andrea65

Hello Orux,

the new beta 8 has a problem with the thumbnail of the traces/activities recorded.

It looks that in some cases it does not show the map layer (please see the attached screenshot).

I tried to fix the problem issuing the command "reload thumbnail of the traces/activities" (sorry for the bad translation, I am using the Italian version, I don't know how you called it in the English version). However, no way to have the map displayed along with the trace.

All the best.
Andrea