Recent posts

ERRORES/BUGS / Re: Mapbox offline maps: Webse...
Last post by Hauke - May 21, 2024, 02:29:16 PM
...and some more evidence: I created a mixed mapsource, combining offline (local mbtiles) plus online (Web-URLs with pbf tile services). When I put Oruxmaps into the background, the offline-tiles "die", i.e. they miss in the rendering. The online sources continue to work. So the renderer obviously works, but data delivery through the local web server is not successful.

Since I had no reaction to this bug yet: What is the best way forward? How can I best provide input? How do I know if this bug caught the awareness of the developers? Don't get me wrong: I do not want to put pressure or so, I just would love to hear feedback. It takes as long as it takes of course!
GENERAL / Re: Waypoint - Loading on Trac...
Last post by Tronpo - May 21, 2024, 05:24:02 AM
Hello, that option has been around for a long time, I think you're simply not clicking right on the waypoint, you hit the track and that's why the segment menu jumps.
It works well for me, try sharpening your aim on the waypoint. Best regards
GENERAL / Re: Waypoint - Loading on Trac...
Last post by NorbertK - May 20, 2024, 07:44:39 PM
Since some time (update?) I can select more then 1 WP and "add them to active route".
WP are there, but I couldn't "open them for more info's"? I've added some comments to the WP which I would like to see. But "pressing WP" shows "segment 1" from the route.
Looks like a bug,?
MAPAS/MAPS / Re: Mapbox format offline maps
Last post by Hauke - May 20, 2024, 06:41:42 PM
My offline maps "work" in 3D in the sense that I can use them in the Oruxmaps 3D view mode, but I did not include any elevation information, so it is not real 3D. I'm not sure if I'll go down that route - my usecases are limited, and I guess it eats memory again. But I may change my mind :-)
ERRORES/BUGS / Re: La herramienta crear a man...
Last post by Tronpo - May 20, 2024, 06:30:43 PM
Hello, it is indeed no longer in the menus because it is included in the planner, with the action of creating straight lines
Best regards
Last post by Tronpo - May 20, 2024, 02:44:22 PM
I've only been able to work with the json styles online, I don't have a computer so my resources are limited. Android + browser + text editor and above all a lot of curiosity.
But maybe knowing that I can user mbtiles raster I'll ask you more questions soon, when I finish my rendertheme mapsforge project.
Regarding the style zoom levels and their correspondence in Oruxmaps, it has always been like this, I don't know if it's because of the mapbox sdk but, the zoom levels are one less in 2D but they coincide in 3D
Your offline maps Work  in 3D?

Best regards!!
Last post by Hauke - May 20, 2024, 12:31:34 PM
Thanks for the congrats :-) I owe part of my success to Tronpo - thanks again for providing your ES-maps!

@afgb1977 & Tronpo: Did you do something similar yourself? If so: Which tools did you use? Especially sprite creation is still not as good as I'd like it to be - happy for any hints here! What I am also not done with is a bit of workflow automation, like e.g. marking a region in MOBAC or GQIS and having the whole map creation done per script - do you have anything in place already?

How about the bug I have with the offline tile server dying - can you reproduce it? For me it is absolutely reproducible - it happens really every time Oruxmaps is sent to the background.

Regarding your question, Tronpo: For Germany I'm 100% vector mbtiles, as soon as Czech republic comes in, I have three vector mbtiles (basmap.de, contour lines and OSM data), and one raster mbtiles (Czech Geoportal map).

Battery use: I was positively surpised by only 10% plus. I was afraid that it would be much more. I guess it is partly because the rendered tiles are somehow cached.

I have two more issues:
  • Zoom levels as displayed in Oruxmaps do not match Zoom-levels as per style file/Mapbox spec. Why is that so?
  • When I have a line with a pattern of sprites along, or a area with a texture pattern, when I zoom in deep, the patterns sometime become distorted, as if the scaling fails. Strange enough, I can have the same pattern side by side in the map, one OK, one distorted. Any idea what may go wrong here?
GENERAL / Dudas a cerca de la funcion Tr...
Last post by Korosti - May 20, 2024, 10:34:38 AM
Hola a todos,

Soy nuevo en el foro y pido disculpas de antemano si esta no es la sección correcta para este tipo de consultas.
Agradezco cualquier orientación que podais ofrecerme.

Estoy utilizando la aplicación Oruxmap, versión 10.6.3 GP, y tengo varias dudas sobre la función de Track en vivo. Esto es lo que he hecho hasta ahora para intentar hacer funcionar esta función:

1. He añadido a un amigo como contacto para compartir y obtener mi posición para hacer las pruebas.
2. He configurado la aplicación para iniciar el track compartido.
En la primera prueba que he hecho, durante la gración con la app de mi amigo (que también tiene la versión 10.6.3 GP y me ha dado de alta a mi como usuario para compartir), no he recibido ningun correo de notificación y no he visto nada en la app d Oruxmap.

Las dudads y preguntas que tengo son las siguientes:

1. Cuando se inicia un track compartido, ¿la aplicación comunica de algún modo a la persona que quiero que me monitorice mediante un correo?
2. ¿Es necesario registrarse en mapmytracks.com para que esta función funcione correctamente?
3. He revisado el manual 9.0 en busca de información detallada sobre cómo configurar los tracks compartidos y en vivo, pero no he encontrado nada relevante. ¿Alguien puede guiarme sobre dónde encontrar esta información o compartir su experiencia configurando esta función?

Agradezco mucho cualquier ayuda que puedan brindarme.

¡Gracias!
Last post by Tronpo - May 20, 2024, 09:29:16 AM
Hello, a question, the mbtiles you generate are raster? You can generate vector tools.
The increase in battery consumption is normal, in both online and offline json styles the rendering work is done by the entire terminal (phone / tablet
Congratulations.
Last post by afgb1977 - May 20, 2024, 05:06:17 AM
Fabulous.
Congratulations.
👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻