Problem of language for the units in 5.5.20

Started by adilor78, May 16, 2014, 06:56:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adilor78

Hello,

I use OruxMaps since long time and I follow with interest the improvements , but with the latest version 5.5.20 , I have a problem of language in the units expression.

I'm French with SVOX as TTS engine.

When recording a track, for the announcement of: distances, speeds and travel times ,phrases are spoken in French but the units are always said in English .

I even tried other languages, such as Italian, Spanish, German, and there are always mixtures of languages for the the units. Sometimes there is one unit correct , sometimes the previous language is preserved for speed , there is even sometimes a mixture of three languages , one unit in English , one in the previous language and one in the language chosen

I had already found this issue when testing 5.5.19.beta versions , but as it had already been reported by an Italian user in the forum, I thought he had been taken into account .

I confirm that there were no such problems in previous versions 5.5.18 and earlier.

But nevertheless, congratulations for this great app , I use it very often for my mountain hikes and I have not found better  :D !

orux

Quote from: "adilor78"Hello,

I use OruxMaps since long time and I follow with interest the improvements , but with the latest version 5.5.20 , I have a problem of language in the units expression.

I'm French with SVOX as TTS engine.

When recording a track, for the announcement of: distances, speeds and travel times ,phrases are spoken in French but the units are always said in English .

I even tried other languages, such as Italian, Spanish, German, and there are always mixtures of languages for the the units. Sometimes there is one unit correct , sometimes the previous language is preserved for speed , there is even sometimes a mixture of three languages , one unit in English , one in the previous language and one in the language chosen

I had already found this issue when testing 5.5.19.beta versions , but as it had already been reported by an Italian user in the forum, I thought he had been taken into account .

I confirm that there were no such problems in previous versions 5.5.18 and earlier.

But nevertheless, congratulations for this great app , I use it very often for my mountain hikes and I have not found better  :D !

There are changes with TTS, because it was not working fine with some devices; still not translated to frech;

if you want to help...

orux

dotAge

Chinese is also not translated.