Oruxmaps crashes by zooming in

Started by normandin, April 17, 2015, 07:29:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

normandin

Hello,

the latest version from the play store and also the beta version of oruxmaps crashes by zooming in on my new Moto E (2nd Generation), Android 5.0.2.

This happens with all map-files, even with the small world-map.

Version 5.5.22 works fine. But I'd rather use the new version...

What can I do?

Thank you,

Jörg

orux

Quote from: "normandin"Hello,

the latest version from the play store and also the beta version of oruxmaps crashes by zooming in on my new Moto E (2nd Generation), Android 5.0.2.

This happens with all map-files, even with the small world-map.

Version 5.5.22 works fine. But I'd rather use the new version...

What can I do?

Thank you,

Jörg

Thanks;

It is strange because this bug is not sent to the bug trace log.

Please, try this version-->http://oruxmaps.com/OruxMaps6.4.0beta8b.apk">//http://oruxmaps.com/OruxMaps6.4.0beta8b.apk

Reproduce the bug, then you should find some files with name '6.4.0beta8-xxxxx.stacktrace' in the internal storage oruxmaps/tracklogs/ folder.

Please, send me the files-->oruxuro@gmail.com

orux

apedropais

Hi.

I'm on Moto Maxx BR (US Droid Turbo) and got the exact same issue. I did what you explained, but there no file xxx.stracktrace in /tracklogs. What to do next?

Another info: both methods of zooming produce the bugs (volume buttons and pinch). If i make a slow pinch move, it doesn't force close... Weird...

Thanks.

apedropais

Hi.

I'm on moto Maxx BR (US Droid Turbo) and i got the exact same issue. I did what you explained and there's no xxx.stacktrace file in /tracklogs.

Another info: there bug happens in volume button and pinch zooming. And if you do a slow pinch move, there's no force close! Weird...

Thanks.

normandin

Hello,

I've tried this version when I was hiking today. I have the same problem, but there is not such a file in the in the tracklogs-folder.

Sometime zooming works, but often not. Then Oruxmaps crashes and then there is no message box or confirmation. Then I have to restart Oruxmaps.

I thought, I don't have this problem with version 5.5.22, but now it's the same.

Jörg

orux

I've tried this version when I was hiking today. I have the same problem, but there is not such a file in the in the tracklogs-folder.

Sometime zooming works, but often not. Then Oruxmaps crashes and then there is no message box or confirmation. Then I have to restart Oruxmaps.

I thought, I don't have this problem with version 5.5.22, but now it's the same.

Jörg

Hello;

It is a really strange bug, because it doesn't report any trace.

May be a JNI bug, not managed by the Java stack.

The problem is that I can not catch it without a trace.

I need someone with a rooted device, who can get and send me a logcat trace.

orux

normandin

Hello orux,

now I've rooted my device and logged a logcat trace. I've sent you the log-file by e-mail.

I hope, you can use this file.

Thanks,

Jörg

orux

Quote from: "normandin"Hello orux,

now I've rooted my device and logged a logcat trace. I've sent you the log-file by e-mail.

I hope, you can use this file.

Thanks,

Jörg

Hi;

I still haven't received the mail-->oruxuro@gmail.com

orux

frizo

The problem persist.

I've tried 6.4.0beta8 and the app still closing during the zoom.

I will search the log file and send by email.

Thanks.

normandin

Hello Jose,

I've tried several different values in settings--maps--zoom settings (I think almost all) and it dosen't get better.

It happens with pinch to zoom and with key buttons. Sometimes the app crahes only in high zoom levels (16 or 17 or higher, 200 % or 400 %), and sometimes it crashes at any zoom level. Zooming out most works, but not always.

Thanks and greetings

Jörg

moin

I've just registered to the forum, for exactly the same problem.

Moto E2, Lollipop, maps form different sources and online and it crashes always when zooming. Crashing means that the app disappears from screen.

When opened again it shows the last working map.

I've tried nearly all settings combinations (zoom digital, autoload on/off etc.), nothing works. It's a new Moto, so I haven't rooted it yet.

Any idea?

moin

Edit: double post - deleted

normandin

Hello,

I've found a workaround: when the map is rotated (with 2 fingers gesture), then zooming works!

It doesn't matter, how much I rotate the map. A bit is already enough.

But as soon as I turn the map to the normal view (without rotation, north on top), the app crashes again by zooming.

Not a  really good workaround, but better then permanently crashing... And I can use my favorite app again  :)

Maybe this issue helps to find a real solution for the zooming-problem?

Thanks and best wishes

Jörg

orux

I've found a workaround: when the map is rotated (with 2 fingers gesture), then zooming works!

It doesn't matter, how much I rotate the map. A bit is already enough.

But as soon as I turn the map to the normal view (without rotation, north on top), the app crashes again by zooming.

Not a  really good workaround, but better then permanently crashing... And I can use my favorite app again  :)

Maybe this issue helps to find a real solution for the zooming-problem?

Thanks and best wishes

Jörg

Thanks;

It may help.

It is a problem inside an android native library; it is very difficult to trace/debug, because the platform doesn't provide debug information.

orux

moin

Thanks - it works.

Although a real solution would be nice ...