POI search in map (Openandromaps) - offline POI

Started by Matthias, July 24, 2023, 10:15:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthias

Unfortunately I can no longer display all the found (offline) POIs (icon on the right)
Only selection of individual POI's is possible

OruxMaps v.10.1.8 GP

Tronpo

Quote from: Matthias on July 24, 2023, 10:15:09 AM
Unfortunately I can no longer display all the found (offline) POIs (icon on the right)
Only selection of individual POI's is possible

OruxMaps v.10.1.8 GP

Hi it works, an example, I think you mean this👇
https://youtube.com/shorts/BLGqm8qETa8?feature=share4

🅃🅁🄾🄽🄿🄾

Matthias

Hello Tronpo,

yes that is what I meant. I have been using Oruxmaps for years; so far it has worked exactly as shown.
Recently (probably since newer version) it doesn't work for me anymore.

Tronpo

Quote from: Matthias on July 24, 2023, 06:38:02 PM
Hello Tronpo,

yes that is what I meant. I have been using Oruxmaps for years; so far it has worked exactly as shown.
Recently (probably since newer version) it doesn't work for me anymore.

I have the latest version of GP 10.1.8.   Make sure you tap the top right icon correctly.

Matthias

Thank you Tronpo,

My Version: OruxMaps v.10.1.8 GP

I defentely tap the top right icon.

tstreibl

For me it works in 10.1.8.

Are you sure you have an appropriate map which supports pois? After doing the poi search it shows: xx number of poi found. xx should be greater 0? It should work e.g. with any of the mapsforge maps from https://www.openandromaps.org/, at least when one of the pois you search for is within the actual display range of the map.

Furthermore you can hide and unhide an overlay layer which is very helpful to show/hide the poi search result afterwards. In an earlier version you didn't see the search result when the overlay layer was switchen off. But in version 10.1.8 this bug seems to be fixed because afer a poi search the overlay layer with the pois is always switched on.

Matthias

I'm using openandromaps and have downloaded the latest version. By the way, I also posted the same topic there in the forum.

By the way, I tried to load an overlay slide, but unfortunately that doesn't work either.
Even after deleting all overlay slides, the POI's are not displayed.

How to hide and unhide an overlay layer? Maybe here is actually my mistake...

tstreibl

In my case the overlay is generated automatically by the poi search, so that can't be the problem. I can show/hide the overlay with Kartenwerkzeuge(maptools)->KML-Folie anpassen(adjust KML-overlay). There's also a predefined button you can add to the interface.

I use the "old interface", meaning neither "Einheitliche Benutzeroberfläche(unified interface) nor LTE Interface is checked.

Sorry - no more ideas.

Lenz

Hello Matthias,
have you ever tried what I suggested in the OpenAndroMaps forum:
save your settings in a profile (so you can go back to your preferences) and load Oruxmaps' default profile. Sometimes errors are based in a defective profile and can't be reproduced by others.