When using oruxmaps, the location information of photos shifts significantly

Started by OruxMap User, February 20, 2024, 04:27:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OruxMap User

When recording logs and providing route guidance with OruxMap.
When taking a picture with the camera, the current position of the picture shifts significantly.
Have you experienced this phenomenon?
Occurs anytime on android 12,13

Tronpo

Quote from: OruxMap User on February 20, 2024, 04:27:17 AM
When recording logs and providing route guidance with OruxMap.
When taking a picture with the camera, the current position of the picture shifts significantly.
Have you experienced this phenomenon?
Occurs anytime on android 12,13

If, when taking georeferenced photos with the phone's default camera, they come out very badly placed!, depends a lot on the mobile app
It's better to do Fotowaypoint with Oruxmaps, with the GPS turned on and stable.

OruxMap User

>It's better to do Fotowaypoint with Oruxmaps
Thank you. I'll try it next time.

Tronpo

Quote from: OruxMap User on February 20, 2024, 04:50:18 PM
>It's better to do Fotowaypoint with Oruxmaps
Thank you. I'll try it next time.

You can correct or georeference photos taken with your camera with Oruxmaps, creating a waypoint in the right place and adding the photo to it
In waypoint configuration you have to check the boxes for this

OruxMap User

OruxMap User

After setting the expansion items, the current position of the photo is now accurate.
Thank you very much! !
However, wouldn't it be a bug if OruxMaps interferes with the operation of the camera app?
I would like a correction

orux

Quote from: OruxMap User on February 22, 2024, 09:30:47 AM
After setting the expansion items, the current position of the photo is now accurate.
Thank you very much! !
However, wouldn't it be a bug if OruxMaps interferes with the operation of the camera app?
I would like a correction
OruxMaps does not interfere with the location provided by the camera.

You have 3 options:

That the photos do not include that information, if you have that function disabled in the camera and you do not allow OruxMaps to include that information

That the photos include the geopositioning data provided by the camera. OruxMaps ignores the precision or quality of the positioning.

Let OruxMaps be responsible for adding (even overwriting) that data if you adjust the app to do so.

orux