Created waypoints not saved

Started by sancap6, March 07, 2024, 01:16:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sancap6

Hi,

This is an old issue I had with the free version and now also with the GP version: once I create a waypoint (the green one drop, very easy), once I close Oruxmaps app and I reopen it, it disappears on the same existing map. How I can fix this (old) issue?

I'm using mapsforge elevate 5.3.1 version (but I don't think this is an issue, because it happened also before with the previous mapsforge versions...)

Thanks in advance for your kind support...

Tronpo

Quote from: sancap6 on March 07, 2024, 01:16:13 PM
Hi,

This is an old issue I had with the free version and now also with the GP version: once I create a waypoint (the green one drop, very easy), once I close Oruxmaps app and I reopen it, it disappears on the same existing map. How I can fix this (old) issue?

I'm using mapsforge elevate 5.3.1 version (but I don't think this is an issue, because it happened also before with the previous mapsforge versions...)

Hello, so that the waypoint does not disappear when you close the app, it must be loaded in layer mode.
And have keep kml layer turned on, in the settings.
Maps  > kml settings > keep kml laye

However, the created waypoints are saved in the database, you can view them in the waypoint manager and reload the map
The map you use doesn't matter.

sancap6

Sorry, but the path you wrote doesn't exist in Oruxmaps GP...

Tronpo

Quote from: sancap6 on March 07, 2024, 06:10:37 PM
Sorry, but the path you wrote doesn't exist in Oruxmaps GP...

Apologies for translator's failure

orux

Quote from: sancap6 on March 07, 2024, 01:16:13 PM
Hi,

When only waypoints are created, but not a Track, the waypoints may not remain on the screen if you exit the app and Android decides to delete the app from memory. This has always been the case, it is not a bug. As tronpo says, those waypoints are in the database, not associated with any Track.

Another thing is that it is interesting for users to always remain...

I will study it.

orux

sancap6

So, if I have already an existing.gpx track (e.g EV7), I can't create a waypoint associated with this track, if after closing the app this will disappear? It looks useless! P.S. : I had already these kml overlay settings on the map. It doesn't work. So, in brief, actually this app in an ordinary use doesn't allow to create waypoints...

Tronpo

Quote from: sancap6 on March 09, 2024, 08:28:18 AM
So, if I have already an existing.gpx track (e.g EV7), I can't create a waypoint associated with this track, if after closing the app this will disappear? It looks useless! P.S. : I had already these kml overlay settings on the map. It doesn't work. So, in brief, actually this app in an ordinary use doesn't allow to create waypoints...

In the waypoint settings, you have the option to configure where you want a new waypoint to be created.
For example, I have configured to ask simply, so when I create a waypoint and I have a route loaded (for example the EV7 route), Oruxmaps asks me :
Add to Active Route (Equivalent  Route EV7)
Add Current Track (which is the track I'm recording
In this way, the waypoint belongs to the route or track I'm recording.

The application allows you to create waypoints in any type of use, you just have to know how or where to save it

https://youtube.com/shorts/s6U2QYtyfyU?si=nFIrod_m-DoTHDy6

If you have a route loaded on the map, you create a waypoint and choose In add active route, the waypoint is red.
If you choose to save to current track the waypoint is green, but if you're not recording track at the moment, the waypoint can't add to any routes...
It will be saved In the database if you close the app

sancap6

Doesn't work: even with active route EV7, it's green, and disappears when I close the app. Doesn't matter in which folder you ask to save it...

Tronpo

Quote from: sancap6 on March 09, 2024, 03:39:02 PM
Doesn't work: even with active route EV7, it's green, and disappears when I close the app. Doesn't matter in which folder you ask to save it...
Maybe I'm not explaining it well, if it's green you're not saving it in the active route.
Green is for the route that is being recorded, if you are recording and you create a green waypoint when you close the app it does not disappear.
If you create a green waypoint without recording a route, it is only painted on the map, and it is saved in the database, when you close the app it will be deleted from the map, but not from the database.
If you create a waypoint with the active route is red, it remains on the map, and is saved in the database along with the active route to which you added it.

In order for the green waypoint to remain on the map when you close the app, you have to be recording track.

sancap6

Sorry again, there is a misunderstanding:
1) I create a waypoint on the map with an already existing GPX EV7 Track (not KLM)
2) THEN I save it and I ADD IT with the ACTIVE ROUTE
3) THEN I have displayed it  as GREEN waypoint anyways (yes: green!)
4) when I close the app, and reopen it, disappeared!
Now you will ask me: how's possible it's green if you've saved it, and ADDED it to the ACTIVE route? I really don't know... Maybe is a gox track concern?

sancap6

So, yes: it's a track concern: I put now a different gpx track (always the EV7 but only a partial Italian track, not the previous whole one), followed your procedure by saving it with active track, it's ALWAYS green (!), but it remains on the map (unless you won't remove the track). So: your procedure is right (and thanks for it!), BUT there's some bug related to the kind of track with whom you will save it with active mode... there's no other explication why now it works, and not before (but the colour will remain always green!!!)

Tronpo

Quote from: sancap6 on March 09, 2024, 04:27:10 PM
So, yes: it's a track concern: I put now a different gpx track (always the EV7 but only a partial Italian track, not the previous whole one), followed your procedure by saving it with active track, it's ALWAYS green (!), but it remains on the map (unless you won't remove the track). So: your procedure is right (and thanks for it!), BUT there's some bug related to the kind of track with whom you will save it with active mode... there's no other explication why now it works, and not before (but the colour will remain always green!!!)

Aaa, I saw it!! In orux Gp the waypoint is green in both cases, it is in Oruxmaps 7.4.28,. When it's red or green.
Sorry for the misunderstanding!! By the colors

sancap6

Btw, I realised that (active route association apart) the waypoint issue of remaining in the map depends on the nature of preloaded track itself. Maybe with the previous full EV7 track it didn't work, because I didn't have ALL the EV7 countries maps with whom it is associated, but only Italy. Maybe having all the countries maps involved with the whole track, the waypoint fixing will work. That's why it worked with the partial track of the Italian part. t's just an hypothesis...

orux

Quote from: sancap6 on March 09, 2024, 08:28:18 AM
Hello!
The application does not modify the routes that you load from files.
If you want wpts to be added to routes that you have in kml/gpx,... you first have to import them into the app (into its database).

Then you can permanently add wpts as tronpo says.

If you want to save them in file format later, you can always do so in the different ways to export routes.

orux