Mapbox Maps in 2D view: Can only zoom out, not in again if Default Zoom is != 100%

Started by Hauke, April 09, 2024, 08:33:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hauke

Hi Orux Maps team,

I subscribed to the Mapbox premium maps. In the 3D view everything works without issues. In 2D view however, I start, e.g., at Zoom level 15 - map displays fine, no problem. Now I zoom out, e.g., to level 13, then I'm stuck at 13, I cannot zoom in again to 15. I can continue to zoom out, but I can never get back in, always stuck at the last zoom level I zoomed out to.

Raster Maps and Mapsforge: No issues.

Orux Maps GP 10.5.0, Fairphone 3, Android 13 (stock), build 6.A.025.0

Any help greatly appreciated!

Best

Hauke

Hauke

Tronpo

Quote from: Hauke on April 27, 2024, 07:26:11 PMUpdate to 10.6.0: Same problem...

It only happens to you with mapbox? From the list of featured maps (subscription) Google maps give you the same problem? Icc, openmaptiles?

Hauke

Sorry for the late answer.

The bug is there for any of the maps that came with the Mapbox subscription, incl. openmaptiles. Google and ICC does not work at all, just stays black.

Since my Orux maps installation is very old and I installed update after update, I consider to uninstall and re-install Orux maps - is there a way to do so without losing all settings and the track DB?

Best

Hauke

Tronpo

Hello, if you are using private memory (Android/data) first make a backup of your Oruxmaps GP files before uninstalling, because everything is erased when you uninstall
If you're using main memory, that's no problem
In the application'> storage settings > give the app permissions to use the files and then migrate to main memory. It can save you a lot of trouble.
Then you can uninstall.
On Android, you have a setting to install Google Backup when you re-install an app
If you have any questions, ask first before uninstalling.
Best regards

Hauke

Un-installed and Re-installed --> Settings gone, Track-DB still there. That was OK, since it was a good opportunity to re-visit all settings and thus find all the new ones I missed before :-)

I tested right after re-install, and zoom worked as designd. After bringing back my settings, it did not work anymoe.

Culprit was found quickly: Under maps - Zoom-Settings - Standard/Default Zoom I configured 300% - that causes the bug. Back to 100% zoom works.

Would be glad if this would be fixed at some point!