"Migrate to Ext. SD" failed

Started by LaurentG, August 09, 2018, 03:03:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaurentG

Hi,

just after installing OM 7.3.2, I noticed the option "Migrate to Ext.SD" (maybe already existed, but I never noticed it before...), and I tried to use it.

But unfortunately it failed...

First of all, let me say that on my smartphone, Mapfiles were already on the SD card (I manually set them a long time ago), and then an Oruxmaps directory, with only mapfiles as subdirectory, already existed on SD card.

And I'm running Android Nougat (7.0)

But when I used the option, rather than copy/move subdirectories of OruxMaps from phone to SD card, it created for each file to transfer a specific directory, OruxMaps1, then OruxMaps2, OruxMaps3, etc... , with only one file in each...

It's not really a problem, since I repaired all of that myself manually (I initially backed up the original directory....), and changed manually in various preferences/options the location of various subdirectories (some were already changed, apparently thanks to the "migrate", some remained pointing to phone memory), and now everything works fine, but I guess that some users are not skilled enough to do any manual repair....

As a result, for them, this option could be very counter-productive.... while it is not really mandatory for "skilled users" who are able to play the game "manually".

As a result, I'm wondering if it would not be "less risky" to remove this option, or at least, display a "big warning" : use it ONLY if ....

Second "issue" : I've been surprised to see that even now that sub-directories are defined in preferences toward SD card, when launching OruxMaps, they are automatically re-created on phone : customwpts, dem, mapstyles, overly, pictures and tracklogs. Except customwpts, they remain empty and seem to be not used, but why create them ?

And last (but not least ?), even when mapfiles is defined on SD card, mapfiles directory from phone is used for online maps. Why ?