WMTS server connection problem

Started by Alamyr, January 10, 2024, 05:59:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alamyr

Hello everyone,
It's been two years since I last used Oruxmaps.
I just started using the application again and there are things that are causing me problems.
The application was already installed on my smartphone and I just installed it on my Android tablet.
1- I notice that the menus are not identical on the two devices.
For example, I have a "map index" function in "Map Tools" on my mobile that I do not have on my tablet
2- I can no longer use the WMTS function that I used two years ago to create offline maps from the IGN France collection. The connection request from my mobile returns an "error while reading WMTS capabilities"
It's the same thing from my tablet on which I also notice that in "Map tools", the "Offline map creator from an online source" function is grayed out and therefore not usable.
What does that mean ?
thank you in advance for your help

Tronpo

Quote from: Alamyr on January 10, 2024, 05:59:45 PM
Hello everyone,
It's been two years since I last used Oruxmaps.
I just started using the application again and there are things that are causing me problems.
The application was already installed on my smartphone and I just installed it on my Android tablet.
1- I notice that the menus are not identical on the two devices.
For example, I have a "map index" function in "Map Tools" on my mobile that I do not have on my tablet
2- I can no longer use the WMTS function that I used two years ago to create offline maps from the IGN France collection. The connection request from my mobile returns an "error while reading WMTS capabilities"
It's the same thing from my tablet on which I also notice that in "Map tools", the "Offline map creator from an online source" function is grayed out and therefore not usable.
What does that mean ?
thank you in advance for your help

Hello, if you have the same version of Oruxmaps on both devices the difference between the menus is It's probably because you're using different interfaces in each one.
In settings you can see which interface you are using and configure the one you like the most. (screenshot)

Regarding the wmts I can't help you, do you know if it is operational?, can you Share  it to check?.

When the map maker tool is grayed out, it's because it can't be used, not all maps allow download.

Alamyr

Quote from: Tronpo on January 12, 2024, 03:08:20 PM
Hello, if you have the same version of Oruxmaps on both devices the difference between the menus is It's probably because you're using different interfaces in each one.
In settings you can see which interface you are using and configure the one you like the most. (screenshot)

Regarding the wmts I can't help you, do you know if it is operational?, can you Share  it to check?.

When the map maker tool is grayed out, it's because it can't be used, not all maps allow download.
Hello Tronpo,
Thank you for taking an interest in my problem
I will follow your indications to synchronize the interfaces.
Regarding WMTS, I had already carried out this operation two years ago to create my offline cards.
The screen copy attached to my original message provides the result of my connection request to the IGN France source (National Institute of Geographic Information).
This request returns an error which could mean an error of the IGN server or a refusal of Oruxmaps (which would be a restriction in relation to what was possible a few years ago) or an error on my part (unlikely because I reproduce what I have already done two or three years ago)
To obtain the France card at 1/25,000, you must register with the IGN which then provides a link containing your personal access key
Just introduce this link, the card is displayed then it is (was) possible to use the creator function of Orumaps cards to extract cards according to the desired geographic coverage.
This is what I can no longer reproduce.
I wonder if the Oruxmaps trade policy (which sells its own cards) has not deleted this WMTS possibility for certain sources.
But how to know it