Issues/bugs with OruxMaps7.5.9beta43.apk

Started by stevetherover, July 02, 2020, 10:53:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevetherover

Hello

I have OruxMaps7.5.9beta43.apk running on a Moto E2 (Android v 4.4.4). External SD card and Offline Maps.
I previously had an Issue with Timestamps due to the GPS Week Rollover Issue so am trying the Beta Version.

I have a couple of issues:

1. When I am tracking a walk and I press statistics then more often than not Orux crashes

2. I have tried to add "Total Distance of Track" & "Time" to the Dashboard but nothing happens

3. It is adding segment markers to my track which I do not need.

Have I missed something in the settings?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

aleruggeri87

Hi,

I post here since I am in a similar situation: moto X 1st gen, android 4.4.4, beta43 downloaded to solve the GPS rollover issue.
In addition to stevetherover issue #1, I have the following issues:
- crash when trying to see old recorded tracks statistics.
- crash when I search something in the "Global settings", and I click on one of the results.
- on the two tracks that I recorded with beta43, only very few points has been saved (~200 in a 75 km bycicle ride). Denser points are presents only when I checked the map, then only very few scattered points, km away. I just played a little bit with the gps settings, I hope it solves the issue, thus not a real bug. I will update on that.

Regarding issue #3, stevetherover, if you intend the starting/finishing points, I think there is an option in waypoint settings, "create first/last waypoint" that you should deactivate.

Regards,
Alessandro.

stevetherover

Quote from: aleruggeri87 on July 06, 2020, 06:41:10 PM
Hi,

I post here since I am in a similar situation: moto X 1st gen, android 4.4.4, beta43 downloaded to solve the GPS rollover issue.
In addition to stevetherover issue #1, I have the following issues:
- crash when trying to see old recorded tracks statistics.
- crash when I search something in the "Global settings", and I click on one of the results.
- on the two tracks that I recorded with beta43, only very few points has been saved (~200 in a 75 km bycicle ride). Denser points are presents only when I checked the map, then only very few scattered points, km away. I just played a little bit with the gps settings, I hope it solves the issue, thus not a real bug. I will update on that.

Regarding issue #3, stevetherover, if you intend the starting/finishing points, I think there is an option in waypoint settings, "create first/last waypoint" that you should deactivate.

Regards,
Alessandro.

Thanks