New beta version, 7.5.9betaX

Started by orux, July 05, 2019, 08:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joze

In the latest beta 28, distances to waypoints (and the corresponding times to reach the waypoint) are calculated miserably wrong.

Left: the correct distance and time as from oruxmaps gp 7.5.8, where I was in plane over the baltic sea about 406 nautical  miles and 51 min away from the airport Frankfurt which was the next waypoint. Distance and time beeing correct.

Right: as displayed in the latest beta 28 for the same location in the plane and same waypoint Frankfurt airport beeing selected, where a ridiculous distance (3356 nautical miles) and time are displayed:

coopso

Beta 26 works very nice and looks great on my Galaxy S10. Unfortunately it absolutely kills my battery so instead of getting 4 hours (with 7.4.22) I only get just over 1 hour.

orux

Quote from: joze on January 25, 2020, 04:54:13 PM
In the latest beta 28, distances to waypoints (and the corresponding times to reach the waypoint) are calculated miserably wrong.

Left: the correct distance and time as from oruxmaps gp 7.5.8, where I was in plane over the baltic sea about 406 nautical  miles and 51 min away from the airport Frankfurt which was the next waypoint. Distance and time beeing correct.

Right: as displayed in the latest beta 28 for the same location in the plane and same waypoint Frankfurt airport beeing selected, where a ridiculous distance (3356 nautical miles) and time are displayed:

Hello!

for testing purpose, could you send me both the route (the waypoints in the route) and the path, as GPX files? oruxuro@gmail.com

orux

orux

Quote from: coopso on January 25, 2020, 09:04:50 PM
Beta 26 works very nice and looks great on my Galaxy S10. Unfortunately it absolutely kills my battery so instead of getting 4 hours (with 7.4.22) I only get just over 1 hour.
Hello!

Interesting...
how do you use the app?
--following a route?--screen always on?--GPS settings (minimum time/minimum distance)?

orux

Juanjo

Hola,

la beta 28, en un teléfono LG K10 4G con android 5.1.1, no da la posición al encender el GPS. Los controles del cuadro de mando aparecen normalmente, también aparece la notificación de que oruxmaps está usando el GPS.
En el mismo teléfono, oruxmaps GP funciona correctamente.

Saludos

orux

Quote from: Juanjo on January 29, 2020, 07:48:53 PM
Hola,

la beta 28, en un teléfono LG K10 4G con android 5.1.1, no da la posición al encender el GPS. Los controles del cuadro de mando aparecen normalmente, también aparece la notificación de que oruxmaps está usando el GPS.

Saludos
Beta update.

Debe funcionar igual el GPS.
¿sigue pasando?
comprueba que los ajustes son los mismos que la versión GP.

orux

Juanjo

Quote from: orux on February 04, 2020, 04:28:11 PM
Quote from: Juanjo on January 29, 2020, 07:48:53 PM
Hola,

Saludos
Beta update.

Debe funcionar igual el GPS.
¿sigue pasando?
comprueba que los ajustes son los mismos que la versión GP.

orux

Hola orux,

ha empezado a funcionar al desactivar la opción 'Altitud Geoide' y ahora funciona siempre con la opción activada o no. Extraño...
Otra cosa que no tiene nada que ver y no se si se trata de un error o es intencional: la opción 'buscar POIs, pulsación mapa' solo se puede activar en la versión GP.

Saludos

joze

Quote from: orux on January 29, 2020, 05:24:23 PM
Quote from: joze on January 25, 2020, 04:54:13 PM

Hello!

for testing purpose, could you send me both the route (the waypoints in the route) and the path, as GPX files? oruxuro@gmail.com

orux

the latest beta 29 solves this issue. Thanks!

Andrea65

Hello Orux,
I tested this morning the new beta 29 and:
- Power consumption looks now to be back to low level as for version 7.4
- Probably there is a small bug in the "trace management" page. Please refer to the attached screenshot where below the recorded course tumb there is "-> 0.00". I suppose you would show there the course length.

And last point, I tried to use the Strava option for my first time and, sorry, I could not understand how to use it.
I was able to associate my Strava account and to land on page displaying my Strava activities, but could not do more than that.

All the best,
Andrea

orux

Quote from: Andrea65 on February 06, 2020, 12:21:42 PM
Hello Orux,
I tested this morning the new beta 29 and:
- Power consumption looks now to be back to low level as for version 7.4
- Probably there is a small bug in the "trace management" page. Please refer to the attached screenshot where below the recorded course tumb there is "-> 0.00". I suppose you would show there the course length.

And last point, I tried to use the Strava option for my first time and, sorry, I could not understand how to use it.
I was able to associate my Strava account and to land on page displaying my Strava activities, but could not do more than that.

All the best,
Andrea

Hello!

"-> 0.00" is not the course length, it is the distance to the first point of that Track from your current position at the map (map center cursor).

With Strava integration you can:
--see your activities in Strava.
--upload your Tracks to Strava.
--download your routes from Strava (you can plan/draw routes in Strava and then download them).
orux

nortsim

referred to beta_29 (but also to beta_28) it seems that some values in the track statistics are incorrect: rise time and fall time (about half of the real) and consequently also rise speed and descent speed (about double the real). The beta_26, 7.4.22 and 7.5.8GP versions seem ok

Andrea65

Hello Orux,
thanks for the prompt follow-up.

Regarding the Strava features you listed, I am really sorry, I could not find any command for upload and download.
I can only list all the activities already on Strava and I can also select one and show it in a kind of "overlay-like" view, but I cannot download it in the phone memory / OruxMaps dBase.
And, as stated, I couldn't find any command for the upload to Strava of a recorded course.

Have you any documentation about how to use these features?

My phone is a new Huawei nova 5T running Android 9.1.0 (last version patched available from Huawei).
It may also be a compatibility issue.

Thanks again and all the best,
Andrea

orux

Quote from: Andrea65 on February 06, 2020, 02:54:39 PM
Hello Orux,
thanks for the prompt follow-up.

Regarding the Strava features you listed, I am really sorry, I could not find any command for upload and download.
I can only list all the activities already on Strava and I can also select one and show it in a kind of "overlay-like" view, but I cannot download it in the phone memory / OruxMaps dBase.
And, as stated, I couldn't find any command for the upload to Strava of a recorded course.

Have you any documentation about how to use these features?

My phone is a new Huawei nova 5T running Android 9.1.0 (last version patched available from Huawei).
It may also be a compatibility issue.

Thanks again and all the best,
Andrea
You can upload a Track to Strava:1.-From your Tracks list (the Tracks recorded with OruxMaps), click one of them-->Properties. There is a button to upload it to different servers, including Strava.2.-Automatically, when finish recording a Track. Configure it in Global settings-->Integration.
You can not download 'activities' from Strava, because they don't allow download activities.
You can download 'routes' from Strava. In the 'Strava activities' display, there is a button in the top button bar to go to your routes in Strava.

orux

Juanjo

Hola orux,

he visto que en la beta 29 has incorporado la posibilidad de iniciar una llamada telefónica desde el resultado de la búsqueda de POIs. En un viejo LG con android 5.1.1, no funciona, me dice que ninguna aplicación puede realizar esa acción.

Saludos

orux

Quote from: Juanjo on February 07, 2020, 10:09:47 PM
Hola orux,

he visto que en la beta 29 has incorporado la posibilidad de iniciar una llamada telefónica desde el resultado de la búsqueda de POIs. En un viejo LG con android 5.1.1, no funciona, me dice que ninguna aplicación puede realizar esa acción.

Saludos
Beta actualizada (new beta version).
Es posible que no reconozca el Intent que lanza el teléfono.

No todos los teléfonos lo hacen,

orux