Uneditable waypoint

Started by agocurti, December 24, 2023, 10:30:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

agocurti

Hi folks,
I used BaseCamp (Garmin) to build a track, and I added a waypoint into this track. Then I imported it into Oruxmaps, no problems about this.
But when I check the track into Oruxmaps I see a waypoint red icon  (not green, as for the Oruxmaps waypoints), see attachment, and I cannot change it, because I don't see the 'pencil' icon (please see the other 2 attachments). Is it correct? How can I change my waypoint to 'editable'?

jaikoljadoo

To edit waypoint of a track/ route.
1 Go to manage track
2 Find the track, short press on body of track list. It will pop up a dialogue box.
3 select properties, here you can find a pencil icon in mid area. Select it.
4 Now you are in edit mode of a track.
5 Select the perticular Waypoint by tapping on on it. You can edit its value by selecting pencil icon in dashboard area.
----------------------------
If you want to change the name of waypoint
Follow above procedures upto 4th point.
5. In properties section, just after the pencil tool, there is also a waypoint tool. It will allow you to change name and other parameters.
1 Tap on body of waypoint list.
2 Edit properties
3 change the name or other things.

agocurti

Hi,
thanks for your reply, but perhaps we are speaking about 2 different scenarios.
My track is first created (with waypoints) in BaseCamp, then subsequently it is imported in Oruxmaps. Then I see this track in the Tracklogs folder, and here I'm already stuck at your second point because I don't have the 'popup dialog box', and I don't see the 'Properties' option...

I think that the solution is to add my original (red) waypoint to the Oruxmaps waypoints, to see it in the waypoints list (as green), but I don't know how to do this..

jaikoljadoo

Kindly go to this video link...skip 55 seconds you can see the procedure for "pop up" dialogue box and " properties" option...
https://youtu.be/Xa2yaTSmeD0?si=u5_PPj3J_Hzie6Qr

agocurti

This video is concerning a track loaded from 'Manage Track/Routes', instead I'm loading a track from 'Track/Route Tools'->'Load file KML/GPX'.
In this case it seems I cannot edit the waypoints contained...

agocurti

.. no news about this? This is not a interesting topic?

Tronpo

Quote from: agocurti on January 15, 2024, 02:15:05 PM
This video is concerning a track loaded from 'Manage Track/Routes', instead I'm loading a track from 'Track/Route Tools'->'Load file KML/GPX'.
In this case it seems I cannot edit the waypoints contained...

Hi, so you say you're uploading the track directly to the map viewer, there's you can't edit
To be able to edit the track / waypoint you have to do it from the track manager, as your colleague tells you.

In the map viewer you can edit waypoints created directly with Oruxmaps, but not if they come from an external file

agocurti

mmmhh.. ok. Thanks for the answer, then I 'close' this post