Searching in the tracks

Started by agocurti, January 15, 2024, 10:35:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

agocurti

Good morning,
normally I save my OM tracks by year, then now I have many year folders, containing many tracks.
Sometime I need searching some track by name, but the option 'Search the tracks' (identified by '3 points' icon) works only for the current folder.
How can I searching recursively in all my folders?

LaurentG

I'm afraid this is not feasible directly in OM, but you can browse the database (that is a sqlite db) on a laptop, using DB Browser for SQLite (https://sqlitebrowser.org/) that should help you to find in which folder is a given track.

agocurti

Hi LaurentG,
yes, I know this workaround, but I'm searching for a 'open air' usage..., then at the moment we don't have solutions...
Thanks for your reply

orux

Quote from: agocurti on January 15, 2024, 11:11:24 AM
Hi LaurentG,
yes, I know this workaround, but I'm searching for a 'open air' usage..., then at the moment we don't have solutions...
Thanks for your reply

If you select the @All folder, then all the Tracks from all the folders must be shown and you can do a search in all the database Tracks,

orux

agocurti

Hello Orux,
thanks for your reply, but I don't find the '@All folder', What it means?

Tronpo

Quote from: agocurti on February 29, 2024, 02:22:48 PM
Hello Orux,
thanks for your reply, but I don't find the '@All folder', What it means?

Hello refers to virtual folders, which are generated in orux. In the track manager

agocurti

Mmmmhhh... I don't see this option, perhaps it don't exists in my OM release (8.5), or may be I must enable the 'Virtual folders'?

Tronpo

Quote from: agocurti on February 29, 2024, 05:56:52 PM
Mmmmhhh... I don't see this option, perhaps it don't exists in my OM release (8.5), or may be I must enable the 'Virtual folders'?

It's a very, very old version..... Why don't you upgrade?
So where do you make the folders? How do you organize it by year?

agocurti

Hello Tronpo,
I organize my tracks simply by year...
I'm planning the upgrade a 10.5 release, but I don't want to lose the old UI and the possibility of using an external SD as memory repository...

Tronpo

Quote from: agocurti on March 01, 2024, 09:31:17 AM
Hello Tronpo,
I organize my tracks simply by year...
I'm planning the upgrade a 10.5 release, but I don't want to lose the old UI and the possibility of using an external SD as memory repository...

Ok, but to organize by years do you use folders? Inside Orux or Android

The current official version allows you to use the files as you currently have, you just have to give the corresponding permissions, and everything will remain the same, except for the clear interface... But there are a lot of new tools.

You can install the beta and familiarize yourself with the process before upgrading your Oruxmaps GP.

agocurti

Ok, I will try the upgrade.... Thanks for your help