Oruxmaps and mapsforge

Started by agocurti, March 05, 2024, 05:19:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

agocurti

Hello folks,
starting from the 5.3 release the Elevate style (from OpenAndroMaps site) is requiring mapsforge 0.19.
How I can know the mapsforge release contained in the different Oruxmaps versions?

matt

Hi,
the changelog does not show.
Simply use the current version from PlayStore (today 10.5.0), or latest 7.4.28 (as of  today) from https://www.oruxmaps.com/cs/en/more/downloads
Would recommend the Playstore version, nicely maintained.

Matt

Tronpo

Quote from: agocurti on March 05, 2024, 05:19:10 PM
Hello folks,
starting from the 5.3 release the Elevate style (from OpenAndroMaps site) is requiring mapsforge 0.19.
How I can know the mapsforge release contained in the different Oruxmaps versions?
Hello, current versions Oruxmaps GP 10.5.0
And Oruxmaps 7.4.28 already have updated the mapsforge 0.19 and poisv3 libraries

agocurti

Hello Tronpo, thanks for the answer...
Then the release that I'm using (8.5.5) is already updated to mapsforge 0.19, correct?

matt

Your  8.5.5 from Google Playstore is too old.
Looking in the  changelog, i see:
mapsforge 0.17 came with v9.0.0 GP
mapsforge 0.19 came in some version between 9.0.0 GP and current 10.5.0GP

The features and numbering scheme of "Donate version" (latest 7.4.28 to download) are not in sync with version numbers in Google Playstore.

agocurti

Ok, then I must update at least to 10. (But WHERE do you see the OM changelog?). Thanks for your help

Tronpo

Quote from: agocurti on March 15, 2024, 09:10:45 AM
Ok, then I must update at least to 10. (But WHERE do you see the OM changelog?). Thanks for your help

Update on Google play.

In the app you have the information, change control.

agocurti

Ok, on the App I know the changelog position, but not exists on Internet a location where I found the changelogs for ALL the OM releases?

matt

Quote from: agocurti on March 15, 2024, 03:15:43 PM
Ok, on the App I know the changelog position, but not exists on Internet a location where I found the changelogs for ALL the OM releases?
Not existing.
Why are you not simply updating your the OruxMaps version to the latest GP 10.5.0 (currently)?
Why even thinking about "at least to 10"? And how/where would you get an outdated OruxMaps GP version, which contains bugs?

agocurti

Ok, you are right. I update...
Anyway, thanks for your help.