"Fast waypoints" toolbar

Started by Phyre, December 19, 2014, 12:02:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phyre

Hey all from Australia.

Thanks to everyone who works on this project developing such an app for free and without advertising is really going above and beyond.

I'm a firefighter here in Australia and Orux is turning out to be a great mapping tool for recording fire areas and viewing the fireground with offline maps.

Where it's usability could improve out of sight is the ability to very quickly throw down a bunch of custom waypoints. When I arrive on scene (for example as an Incident Commander) i would love to be able to throw down a heap of my "Active Fire", "Burnt Out" and "Threatened Property" custom waypoints among others  to create a quick visual representation of the fire scene that can be uploaded to fire control who then has the capability to get this information out to the public and other incoming crews.

Currently to do this requires configuring each waypoint or using the current quick system and going back and editing them all.

I would love to be able to have a custom toolbar (showing waypoint icons) where I can add waypoint types by either clicking on them to place the relevant waypoint at the cursors location or better yet select a type and then place them throughout the map by tapping locations on the screen.

Just a concept I'd love to be able to utilise, I know it doesn't provide the same accuracy of placement as the current method but in my case (and I hope it would also benefit others) time is a commodity so speed is essential.

Thanks in advance for you consideration and a very merry christmas to all

Dwayne

orux

Quote from: "Phyre"Hey all from Australia.

Thanks to everyone who works on this project developing such an app for free and without advertising is really going above and beyond.

I'm a firefighter here in Australia and Orux is turning out to be a great mapping tool for recording fire areas and viewing the fireground with offline maps.

Where it's usability could improve out of sight is the ability to very quickly throw down a bunch of custom waypoints. When I arrive on scene (for example as an Incident Commander) i would love to be able to throw down a heap of my "Active Fire", "Burnt Out" and "Threatened Property" custom waypoints among others  to create a quick visual representation of the fire scene that can be uploaded to fire control who then has the capability to get this information out to the public and other incoming crews.

Currently to do this requires configuring each waypoint or using the current quick system and going back and editing them all.

I would love to be able to have a custom toolbar (showing waypoint icons) where I can add waypoint types by either clicking on them to place the relevant waypoint at the cursors location or better yet select a type and then place them throughout the map by tapping locations on the screen.

Just a concept I'd love to be able to utilise, I know it doesn't provide the same accuracy of placement as the current method but in my case (and I hope it would also benefit others) time is a commodity so speed is essential.

Thanks in advance for you consideration and a very merry christmas to all

Dwayne

Thanks, Dwayne;

I will work in that way of wpt creation in next versions,

orux

Phyre

Wow that's awesome.

Thank you so much for looking into it for us.

Merry Christmas