Request: finer control over waypoint combining

Started by geo, October 22, 2023, 09:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

geo

Please consider adding a control for how aggressive OruxMaps is in combining waypoint icons and replacing them with a count.

The combining function is a great feature but I find that it is too eager to combine close waypoints, making it hard to fine ones of a particular type unless I already know where to zoom in.  I have many unique waypoint icons loaded from .KMZ file.

Juanjo

Let's see what the developer has to say here but, in the meantime, do you know that you can disable the functionality altogether?

'Waypoints - Group waypoints'

geo

Yes, but thank you.  Like I said the "combining function is a great feature" and I don't want to turn it off.  I just wish it were a bit less eager to hide my waypoints behind the count bubbles.  It seems to be configured to prevent touching of the waypoint icons whereas I am perfectly OK with a bit of overlap as long as I can still recognize them.

geo

Quote from: Juanjo on October 23, 2023, 11:07:32 AM
Let's see what the developer has to say here but, in the meantime, do you know that you can disable the functionality altogether?

'Waypoints - Group waypoints'

I thought I would try turning it off after all, but now I don't see this option which I was sure I remembered.  Under Global Settings > Waypoints I see "No icons" and "Show Waypoint names" etc., but not a Group Waypoints option.  Am I looking in the wrong place?

Juanjo

QuoteI thought I would try turning it off after all, but now I don't see this option which I was sure I remembered.  Under Global Settings > Waypoints I see "No icons" and "Show Waypoint names" etc., but not a Group Waypoints option.  Am I looking in the wrong place?

Using the new unified interface, left drawer 'Waypoints - Group waypoints'. Same on the legacy one, either on the left drawer or the top menu.

Tronpo

Quote from: geo on October 24, 2023, 03:09:38 AM
Yes, but thank you.  Like I said the "combining function is a great feature" and I don't want to turn it off.  I just wish it were a bit less eager to hide my waypoints behind the count bubbles.  It seems to be configured to prevent touching of the waypoint icons whereas I am perfectly OK with a bit of overlap as long as I can still recognize them.

Perhaps you can use as an alternative to group the waypoints by zoom levels, for example the important ones give them the full zoom range and the less important ones from a specific zoom
This way you won't have on-screen saturation at a zoom level
Waiting for the developer to want to give us the option to give us power over the group range on the waypoints.

🅃🅁🄾🄽🄿🄾