Recent posts

ERRORES/BUGS / Re: Mapbox offline maps: Webse...
Last post by Hauke - May 19, 2024, 01:42:10 PM
I've more evidence that the tile-server dies. I've now integrated some raster map via mbtiles into my mapbox offline map (and that is SO! COOL! that this is possible! It expands the possibilities for offline maps so much! Thanks for implementing this feature!). If I send Oruxmaps into background and pull it up again, no new tiles are served - see attached "Broken.jpg". If I restart Oruxmaps (or switch maps back and forth), all is working again - see attached "OK.jpg".

Any chance this gets fixed? My gut feeling is that this should be an easy fix - but I may be totally wrong here...
GENERAL / Re: Résultats sur la carte lat...
Last post by Guy85 - May 18, 2024, 08:16:41 PM
Bonsoir,
Ah... d'accord.
Merci
BETAS / Re: New beta 10.6.x
Last post by Tronpo - May 18, 2024, 09:31:06 AM
Hello, I would rather bet that the problem comes from the Android updates, in particular 14 is the one that is giving the most war (I have several colleagues with orux and Android 14).
If you have all the public folders, with the permission to access all the files you should have no problems.
I have Android 11.
I use Oruxmaps Gp in public folders all ok
And Oruxmaps beta in private folders.
In the case of the beta, if I have problems accessing the Android data folders
BETAS / Re: New beta 10.6.x
Last post by jherb - May 18, 2024, 02:35:08 AM
I have the following problem with 10.6.2beta2 and beta3:

Starting yesterday, I cannot access any files from within OruxMap which were not created by it. I can see folders, but e.g. not any gpx files within them. (But image files like *.jpg or *.png are visible). The same applies to some map files. Older ones, which I can see by the Google Files browser, I cannot see from within OruxMap. But some newer maps, which I installed within the last year are visible.

I "solved" this by starting the process to "Move data to public folder" (if I remember correctly), granting Oruxmap access to all files and then "killing" the app.

Temporarily, also the Google Files browser didn't work but this issue somehow disappeared. I updated Android last month and OruxMap worked with that version. But perhaps this problem is somehow related to the latest updates by Google Play?

My versions are:
Android 14 (security updates of March 1st, 2024), Google Play system update May 1st, 2024.

All OruxMap files live within /storage/emulated/0/oruxmaps and its subfolders.

Does anybody know what happened? Was this caused by some system updates?
ERRORES/BUGS / Re: Maybe wrong calculation of...
Last post by olwaldi - May 17, 2024, 03:35:47 PM
Thanks for the quick response. That explains my issues partly.

And I might add that restarting oruxmaps changes much: Now the waypoints are centered correctly. And the height gain/loss have different, more correct values. Probabely now oruxmaps uses different height data sources?

And I had a misunderstandig: of course the height loss ist NOT zero, but instead should be the same as the height gain (for a roundtrip).

Regards, Michael
GENERAL / Re: Résultats sur la carte lat...
Last post by Tronpo - May 17, 2024, 02:31:40 PM
Hello, that data is displayed while you are recording the route. It's live information
ERRORES/BUGS / Re: Maybe wrong calculation of...
Last post by Tronpo - May 17, 2024, 02:24:23 PM
Hello, the planner data is given by the brouter / GraphHopper database, they are not from Oruxmaps, in my experience they are not reliable, (this has fix soon)
Once you have your route in the Oruxmaps database, do an altitude correction, with your DEM Confidence , you will see how you get more sensible data.
Regarding waypoints, when we mark a waypoint we don't always do it right on the route, Oruxmaps creates the waypoint where you have marked but the route line generates it at the nearest point existing in the planner database (brouter / GraphHopper).
I hope this helps you understand some of the anomalies you mention.
ERRORES/BUGS / Maybe wrong calculation of hei...
Last post by olwaldi - May 17, 2024, 12:37:49 PM
I've created a route with brouter using the recent oruxmaps  10.6.1 GP.

One can display route statistics - but I do not understand the meaning of height gain resp. loss. My route is a roundtrip, i.e. it starts and ends at the same location. Thus I'd expect to get a height loss of 0m - but oruxmaps reports 189m. Similar I mistrust the height gain - oruxmaps reports 164m, but qmapshacks calculates 380m.

Similar spurious: When I delete a waypoint during creation of my route the calculated max. height is at a wrong location/height.

Maybe also related: The tip of the waypoint icons do not end at the route but their circles seem to be centered at the route. But the automaticaly created km waypoints are rendered correct - i.e. their tips end at the route.

Please find enclosed my route as a sample.

Regards, Michael
MEJORAS/NEW FEATURES / Re: Bike radar plugin
Last post by matt - May 17, 2024, 06:58:40 AM
Interesting, "Garmin Radar Data BLE Protocol and Documentation" seem to be available on request
https://developer.garmin.com/radar-data-ble/overview/
GENERAL / Résultats sur la carte latéral...
Last post by Guy85 - May 16, 2024, 08:21:43 PM
Bonsoir,
Pourquoi, je n'ai pas de résultats sur les statistiques de la carte latérale ?
Voir fichier joint:

Good evening,
Why don't I have results on the side map statistics?
See attached file: