Recent posts

MAPAS/MAPS / Re: Mapbox format offline maps
Last post by Hauke - Today at 10:48:19 PM
Quick Update: I've now all things in place - a detailed write-up will follow, but I may need a few weeks time for that, other projects looming. So here's what I currently achieved:

An offline atlas that contains:
  • The basemap.de rendering, slightly altered to show different kinds of wood (needleleaved, broadleaved, ...)
  • The contour lines from basemap.de (these are excellent in quality!)
  • An overlay of OpenStreetMap data, like POIs, access rights (e.g. parking places for only customers or that require a fee) etc., generated from the Geofabrik pbf files via tilemaker into mbtiles format
  • Sprites and Glyphs of basemap plus my own additions (Can recommend free texture packer for generating the sprites files)
Using QGis I downloaded the basemap data into two mbtiles DBs (map data + contour lines), and added my OSM mbtiles.

I created this for the German states Northrhine-Westfalia and Rhineland-Palatinate, which add up to about 50.000 km² --> This just eats up 650 MB! That is just amazing!

I really like that I even can edit the style of basemap - I guess to save rendering resources I might disable objects in the map that are of no interest for me.

This is very new, so I need to gather a bit of real world experience with it - one thing I can observe: If I use this offline atlas, adding also Orux Maps hillshading, my phone's battery eats away rather quickly... I hope that this is just because I played around so much just now, enjoying my product... To be on the safe side, I'll bring a powerbank for the next hiking tour :-)

Also, when browsing around a lot in the map, at some point something breaks and the rendering of new areas is incomplete. Loading another map and switching back to mine fixes it. I guess it's a bit too much for the limited resources of my phone...
GENERAL / Re: El mapa no avanza
Last post by Tronpo - Today at 03:26:29 PM
Quote from: Antonbel on May 05, 2024, 11:12:24 AMAl seguir un track me aparece mi posicion y encima un punto de mira. El mapa no avanza, se mueve el triangulo y traza una linea recta con el punto de mira, cuando esta linea alcanza unos 5 cm el mapa avanza. Me hace una navegacion insegura. Alguien sabe como arreglarlo?

Hello, artiba on the left do you have icons that induce active actions, do you have any icons that indicate some kind of screen lock?
Maybe the one with the hand?
This prevents the screen from moving with the GPS.
MEJORAS/NEW FEATURES / Re: Indicador siguiente Waypoi...
Last post by moli - May 05, 2024, 09:55:36 PM
Si ya veo que en la Beta está solucionado.

Tienes razón, cuando colocais un elemento tiene su uso.

Saludos y gracias.
MEJORAS/NEW FEATURES / Re: Indicador siguiente Waypoi...
Last post by Tronpo - May 05, 2024, 08:20:54 PM
Quote from: moli on May 05, 2024, 02:20:18 PMConfig/Elementos visuales/Cuadro comandos/Ayuda navegación/Indic.sig.Waypoint
La incorporación de este visor está muy bien.

Pero, sugiero eliminar el icono de la Dirección del GPS, ya que no lo veo de utilidad y tapa parte del nombre del Waypoint.

Adjunto imagen.

Fantástico programa que se supera en cada versión.
Grácias.

Hola, como puedes ver en la beta, el problema con el nombre del waypoint está solucionado ajustando el texto al espacio que ocupa.
El icono de próximo waypoint o barra de ayuda a la navegación no solo se usa para seguir ruta, también para la navegación con waypoint, en estos casos por ejemplo en los que no estamos siguiendo una ruta establecida, el dato de rumbo es importante.
Para cada caso los elementos de la barra tienen su importancia en mi opinión.
Saludos!!
MEJORAS/NEW FEATURES / Indicador siguiente Waypoint
Last post by moli - May 05, 2024, 02:20:18 PM
Config/Elementos visuales/Cuadro comandos/Ayuda navegación/Indic.sig.Waypoint
La incorporación de este visor está muy bien.

Pero, sugiero eliminar el icono de la Dirección del GPS, ya que no lo veo de utilidad y tapa parte del nombre del Waypoint.

Adjunto imagen.

Fantástico programa que se supera en cada versión.
Grácias.
GENERAL / El mapa no avanza
Last post by Antonbel - May 05, 2024, 11:12:24 AM
Al seguir un track me aparece mi posicion y encima un punto de mira. El mapa no avanza, se mueve el triangulo y traza una linea recta con el punto de mira, cuando esta linea alcanza unos 5 cm el mapa avanza. Me hace una navegacion insegura. Alguien sabe como arreglarlo?
ERRORES/BUGS / Re: Mapbox Maps in 2D view: Ca...
Last post by Hauke - May 04, 2024, 06:52:02 PM
Un-installed and Re-installed --> Settings gone, Track-DB still there. That was OK, since it was a good opportunity to re-visit all settings and thus find all the new ones I missed before :-)

I tested right after re-install, and zoom worked as designd. After bringing back my settings, it did not work anymoe.

Culprit was found quickly: Under maps - Zoom-Settings - Standard/Default Zoom I configured 300% - that causes the bug. Back to 100% zoom works.

Would be glad if this would be fixed at some point!
ERRORES/BUGS / Re: Problema al Iniciar sesión...
Last post by landerx - May 04, 2024, 01:09:37 PM
Buenos dias!

Muchas gracias por la respuesta!

configurando el correo Hotmail como POP en el sistema android si que lo reconoce!

Ya estoy logeado en Sicami y sincronizando perfectamente!

Mil gràcias! aprovecho para felicitarte por la aplicación, no hay otra mejor!

un saludo!
GENERAL / Re: How to login to SICAMI wit...
Last post by orux - May 04, 2024, 10:55:32 AM
Sorry for the delay...

You can register using OruxMaps with any account that is registered in your device.

If it is not a Gmail account, you can register it first in your device, as a POP3 or IMAP account.

Then you will be able to use it with the app.

It is for security reason, because those accounts are verified by Android when you register it in the device. In this way I don't need to use email confirmations or similar.

orux
GENERAL / Re: Sounds in Silent Mode opti...
Last post by orux - May 04, 2024, 10:52:20 AM
Quote from: marcuss1 on April 28, 2024, 03:19:42 PMI confirmed that permission is already Allowed
Sorry!

This option is to go to the Android configuration that allows that permission. If it is not enabled is because the app already has that permission. Then you don't need to do anything.

I will change this, and allow to access that setting even if the app already has it.

orux