Recent posts

ERRORES/BUGS / Re: Can't export tracks
Last post by Enrico - Today at 02:17:18 PM
Hi, I have the same problem.
I cannot save a track after created it using the track planner for later use.
It seems the sistem doesn't save the track.
Bye.
Enrico (I)
GENERAL / Re: SICAMI TRACKS
Last post by ventoux - Today at 01:37:08 PM
Typology of activities.
There are two occurrences of 'E.Bike'.
Could you distinguish between road and mountain ?
ERRORES/BUGS / Re: Mapbox offline maps: Webse...
Last post by Hauke - Today at 01:04:58 PM
Checked now with a very small map - same effect.
ERRORES/BUGS / Tracks/waypoins folders manage...
Last post by Fritzle - May 25, 2024, 05:00:24 PM
Tracks and/or waypoints folders names created in the past may contain non-alphanumeric characters (spaces, dots, underscores, etc.), e.g. tracks folder name "My favorite tracks", and are still accessible. But within recent version 10.6.3 as well as within some versions before, unfortunately keyboard input of those characters is ignored when creating a new tracks/waypoints folder. Only alphanumeric characters are accepted. Bug or feature?
ERRORES/BUGS / Can't export tracks
Last post by trifonapov - May 25, 2024, 03:58:23 PM
After finish the track I want to exported (no matter in which type of file) The app says that download is successful but in the oruxmaps folder there no file.

I'm with Xiaomi Poco X5 Pro with Android 14.

Not sure if the problem started after I changed the phone or after some update ot the app.
BETAS / Re: New beta 10.6.x
Last post by Tronpo - May 25, 2024, 01:28:45 PM
Hello orux!!
I like the planner more and more, to keep moving forward to see what you think :
1-Add a dashed line from the last waypoint to the center of the map with the distance above the line (maybe + azimud/dem height). It's a very useful reference
2-Fortunately, with the planner open, we have the possibility to create waypoints in the traditional way (button) at the end of the creation, being in the planner, would it be possible to add as a waypoint directly?
Currently it can be added but you have to do it from the list of POIs.
It would be a more direct way

Best regards!!
ERRORES/BUGS / Re: Mapbox offline maps: Webse...
Last post by Hauke - May 24, 2024, 11:35:59 PM
Thanks for the explanation!

Indeed, the documentation saying "The cumulative amount of unique maps tile packs used in the offline regions cannot be greater than 750" hints on some potential problem here. And that's quite a bummer honestly. perhaps switching to Maplibre SDK might be a way forward?

That said, I seem to have indications that this is not my problem. I'll try to explain why:

The offline maps I create use as data source in the style "http://localhost:8998/MySelfmade.mbtiles/{z}/{x}/{y}.pbf" - which makes me assume that Oruxmaps starts a simple webserver that serves the content of the mbtiles DB. There are several lightweight servers out in the wild, and I personally for style creation serve my mbtiles via tilemaker-server. So from the viewpoint of Mapbox GL, it is effectively an online source, which happens to be served locally.

What I think supports my theory is the fact that my map very likely exceeds the 750 tile packs (I mean: whole Germany?), but it works just nicely and without any issues as long as I keep Oruxmaps in the foreground. I can move east, west, north, south, in and out as much as I like, and it just works. I've as a stresstest (and to enjoy my product :-) ) been browsing my map for several minutes, looking at various regions all over Germany. It just worked to my utter delight. But as soon as I send Oruxmaps in the background, and regardless if I did just load the map or did excessive map browsing before, reproducibly after that the map gets stuck. all that was rendered before is there, cached, but any region that needs new rendering fails.

To further verify my statement, I will perhaps prepare a lightweight, very small map and see if I can reproduce the problem even with that.

Writing this, it comes to my mind to look for an "external" mbtiles-server as Andoid app... If such a thing exists, I might have my workaround, even bypassing the mapbox limit...

Thanks again for discussing with me! And Kudos to Jose Vazquez for keeping Oruxmaps alive as a one man show! Impressive!

EDIT: Just found this: https://github.com/bojko108/mobile-tile-server - available in Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bojko108.mobiletileserver&hl=de&gl=US --> Will try this! My hopes are high!

EDIT EDIT: Not compatible with Android 13 - nooooooo!
ERRORES/BUGS / Not a bug, but a suggestion .....
Last post by kkolesar - May 24, 2024, 12:26:00 AM
I recently witnessed a serious cycling accident where we had to call a doctor and an ambulance. I used the Oruxmaps to send the location of the accident to the doctor, but there was a problem, because the doctor could not open the link (he was opening the Oruxmaps link without app) and because he did not see that the message contained basically two links to display location on the map (Google maps and Oruxmaps) . The message with all the coordinates and the text is very opaque, so with a bad experience from a real situation, I would suggest that the message contains only text - for example: 'Open in Google maps' and 'Open in Oruxmaps' and, if someone needs it, 'Copy coordinates'.

It would be small but big improvement of using app to make this message somehow more transparent and understandable also to non-users of the Oruxmaps application.

I hope my opinion will be useful.

thnx
ERRORES/BUGS / Re: Button order on Dashboard
Last post by petesx2 - May 23, 2024, 09:47:45 PM
Thank You Orux! :-) I can confirm this is fixed in 10.6.3
GENERAL / Re: SICAMI TRACKS
Last post by ventoux - May 23, 2024, 05:17:39 PM
Hello,
I bought oruxmaps on Google play and used it without an Oruxmaps account.
Later, I created an account on SICAMI with an email not related to a Google account.

Now I see that I can't connect to SICAMI from Oruxmaps because it seems to require a Google account.

Is there any other way to tell Oruxmaps what the SICAMI connection email account is?