Convert tracks from v7

Started by Aw425@hotmail.com, April 24, 2024, 11:36:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aw425@hotmail.com

I downloaded v7 about 5 years ago because I wanted access to maps and tracks in my SD card. New phone, v10.6, I'd like to import my old tracks. They are in zip files.
Any suggestions?

Tronpo

Quote from: Aw425@hotmail.com on April 24, 2024, 11:36:22 PMI downloaded v7 about 5 years ago because I wanted access to maps and tracks in my SD card. New phone, v10.6, I'd like to import my old tracks. They are in zip files.
Any suggestions?

Hello,
1° Unzip the zip.
2° (new phone) Android 11 or higher.
This means that Oruxmaps is using private memory.
So the Oruxmaps GP folders are in :
Android / data / com.orux.oruxmapsDonate / files / oruxmaps.

Move your tracks :

A - You can use an external file manager and copy your tracks to the
com.orux.oruxmapsDonate / files / oruxmaps / tracklogs.

B - puedes importar tus pistas desde el gestor interno de Oruxmaps GP.
Configuración > almacenamiento de la app > Import resources.

Here you'll need to specify which asset you'll import so the app knows which folder to put it in.

You also have the option to  move Oruxmaps GP folders from private memory and have the same use as version 7 that you downloaded 10 years ago.

Aw425@hotmail.com

Thanks much.  When I unzipped the old track files I got only three folders none of which had tracks. But somehow I accessed all the .kml files. Importing 3 of them worked. But when I tried all 20, they show up in the tracklogs folder but the app doesn't see them under Manage tracks.routes. restarting Orux didn't make a difference.

What's the reason for that?
The app does see the 20 foot test track I previously tried.
Ann

Tronpo

Quote from: Aw425@hotmail.com on April 30, 2024, 01:13:48 AMThanks much.  When I unzipped the old track files I got only three folders none of which had tracks. But somehow I accessed all the .kml files. Importing 3 of them worked. But when I tried all 20, they show up in the tracklogs folder but the app doesn't see them under Manage tracks.routes. restarting Orux didn't make a difference.

What's the reason for that?
The app does see the 20 foot test track I previously tried.
Ann

Hello, once your tracks are in the tracklogs folder, you have to upload them to the track manager

This will transfer your tracks to the database.