Oruxmaps crashes by zooming in

Started by normandin, April 17, 2015, 07:29:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolfgang61

Oruxmaps 7.0.12

Samsung Galaxy S7

Android 7.0

I can scroll without problems but for maximum scale of 20m or less, when moving the card around, refresh gets very slow

if I load a track and move the card around with that track and a waypoint being visible and scale 20m or less, the refresh is even slower, and the app regularly freezes. Scale 1m amd moving around makes it die soon especially if I try to move it again before the display is fully refreshed.

Maybe there is a connection. Why does moving the map get slower for scales 20m or less? There is less info to be displayed, so I would expect it to be faster. Maybe this and the reason for the crash are the same.

So for me a simple solution would be to disable extreme zoom factors with scales lower than 20m. Maybe faster phones would allow them.

Can oruxmaps start the refresh of the map before the previous refresh is finished? Maybe this is a problem? It somehow smells like it is.

One more question: I know I read somewhere about a flag to be set for zooming problems but I cannot find it anywhere anymore.

lneam

Hi,

I use this app ver. 7.3.2 at latest days and I have the same issues, crash when zoom into the map. I have set into the app settings the option for map crash, but the problem continuous

This is happening after I change

- map file

- theme to the map

- settings to the theme of a map

- settings to app

also at

- random conditions  

my device is

http://www.gsmarena.com/oneplus_5t-8912.php">www.gsmarena.com/oneplus_5t-8912.php

1+ 5T (A5010)

android 8.1 no root

there is no sim inside the smartphone. It is to airplane mode and using ONLY for navigation purpose. Every month, when there is firmware update, I make hard reset. So there is new clean install to the GNSS apps

lneam

also latest version 7.3.4 after clean install continues to crash when zooming in

lneam

Hi,

after some months, testing osm maps into V4 (also into V5) format, i haven't seen any crash into orux app (also with locus). It seems the old style V3 map compression was incompatible with some devices, like mine.

Mark Boulton

I am having the same problem and I do not want to loose today's half recorded track but cannot start the app?

I have version 7.0.10

Please help