Oruxmaps map not rotating in direction travelled

Started by mikebk, February 22, 2014, 02:27:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikebk

I'm using Oruxmaps on a Samsung Galaxy S III placed on the dashboard of my car.

I've found that the map isn't being rotated to match the direction I am driving. The map does rotate as I turn and the direction of the red icon matches the road's bends on the map exactly. I also have noticed that the numerical heading below the map seems accurate (I drive through downtown streets that are aligned E/W or N/S).

If I'm driving North, I can see 0 degrees as the heading while the map is rotated so the movement of the red icon may be horizontal. The difference between the direction I'm traveling and the maps direction seems to change when I turn corners.

I have the Oruxmaps set to use Map mode 2.

Do you have any suggestions as how I can get the right map orientation?

Thanks.

Mike

orux

Quote from: "mikebk"I'm using Oruxmaps on a Samsung Galaxy S III placed on the dashboard of my car.

I've found that the map isn't being rotated to match the direction I am driving. The map does rotate as I turn and the direction of the red icon matches the road's bends on the map exactly. I also have noticed that the numerical heading below the map seems accurate (I drive through downtown streets that are aligned E/W or N/S).

If I'm driving North, I can see 0 degrees as the heading while the map is rotated so the movement of the red icon may be horizontal. The difference between the direction I'm traveling and the maps direction seems to change when I turn corners.

I have the Oruxmaps set to use Map mode 2.

Do you have any suggestions as how I can get the right map orientation?

Thanks.

Mike

Hi, Mike,

Are you using 'Direction up (GPS)' map mode?

orux

mikebk

It may have been set for Oriented by Compass. I've changed it to Direction UP GPS and I'll try it again tomorrow.

Thanks

Mike

mikebk

It's rotating nicely now!

As well as setting the orientation to Direction Up (GPS), I found a few other settings that may not have been appropriate that I changed.  OruxMaps has so much configurability that it's a bit mind blowing.

Now that I've got the map facing the right direction, I'm finding that I can't read the street names as they are very small. How do I change the font size? I've tried changing the Settings/Maps/Mapsforge Text Size from 1 to 20 with no visible change.

Thanks

Mike

orux

Quote from: "mikebk"It's rotating nicely now!

As well as setting the orientation to Direction Up (GPS), I found a few other settings that may not have been appropriate that I changed.  OruxMaps has so much configurability that it's a bit mind blowing.

Now that I've got the map facing the right direction, I'm finding that I can't read the street names as they are very small. How do I change the font size? I've tried changing the Settings/Maps/Mapsforge Text Size from 1 to 20 with no visible change.

Thanks

Mike

Hi,

I think that OM needs a complete restart to change map letter sizes.

Try with last beta-->http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1713">http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1713

orux

hover

Hello! The OM is the best ever. But I have the same problem-fonts is too small when I use online maps. If i use offline, i can change size in settings,  but doesn't work with all online maps even after reload app. I have samsung note 2. How can I make font bigger? Thanx in advance.