ANT+ power sensor

Started by joergjung, April 29, 2014, 01:09:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Perdix

Hi,

are there plans for power meter BLE support in the future? Most Smartphone have BLE, but no ANT+ and more and more power meters have BLE lately.

BR

Perdix

Leachim

I use OruxMaps since several years and it's a great piece of software and the "killer app" for my smartphone.

(I'm riding about 10,000 to 15,000 kms  a year.) My longest ride (with OruxMaps) was a 3,500 km cycling tour from Vienna to Lisbon last summer.)

Since last october I'm the proud owner of a Quarq Dzero power meter.

It's current power output is display correctly (and quicker than on a Garmin Edge!).

But current power has nearly no practical use because the values are jumping (and that's normally the

case with a power meter). So I think users of a power meter would need "sliding averages" (3, 5, 10,

30 seconds) to have meaningful data on their display.

The second problem: in none of the supported file formats the power data is exported.

Is there a chance that these issues could get addressed in the future?

Sincerely,

Michael

Perdix

+1

Thank you for supporting BLE powermeters now! It works with the latest version of Stages powermeters.  8-) I would also like to see an averaging function and support for gpx files. :P

Another function appreciated is support of power and cadence at the same time. For now, one can only select either power or cadance over BLE.

Keep up the great work, it is the best app on my phone!  :arrow: Really appreciated!

BR

skinnie

Sorry to bump such old thread.
Are BLE power meters supported on current versions?
I ask this because I am thinking of buying an android phone to use oruxmaps for navigating and training (have now a stages gen 3 powermeter (Ant+ and ble, but the phone only has ble).

laurentde .

Hello,
Thanks a lot for the creation of this app which is so powerfull !!!
I'm desperately searching for an alternative for my Garmin edge(s) ... they don't last very long and after the usual 2 year warranty period Garmin doesn't offer any replacement off course ...
I already used 5 of them in ten years.
I like a lot Oruxmaps that I started using since a couple of weeks but as others already suggested, there is a need for a slight evolution in the handling of the powerdata:
1) First of all there is no power data in the exported files (I use this data a lot for building up condition towards specific events and it gives me a fair good idea about my condition, workload, fatigue etc )
2) To use powerdata while riding I need at least sliding averages.
Is it planned to have those in a near future ?