Waypoint icons

Started by Mr. S, June 05, 2023, 01:16:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. S

Hi! I think OruxMaps is great and have been using the app for bike trips for many years now. I would love if there was a list that listed the available waypoint icons and matching GPX icon/type names. At one time the default ones like left and right worked. Unfortunately, with the current version (10.1.3) this no longer works. It probably stopped working a while ago, but I only noticed it now when creating new routes.

<wpt lat="51.43235047" lon="6.784685254">
    <ele>41.000000</ele>
    <name>Turn left</name>
    <desc>Turn left</desc>
    <sym>left</sym>
    <type>Left</type>
  </wpt>

Tronpo

Quote from: Mr. S on June 05, 2023, 01:16:18 PM
Hi! I think OruxMaps is great and have been using the app for bike trips for many years now. I would love if there was a list that listed the available waypoint icons and matching GPX icon/type names. At one time the default ones like left and right worked. Unfortunately, with the current version (10.1.3) this no longer works. It probably stopped working a while ago, but I only noticed it now when creating new routes.

<wpt lat="51.43235047" lon="6.784685254">
    <ele>41.000000</ele>
    <name>Turn left</name>
    <desc>Turn left</desc>
    <sym>left</sym>
    <type>Left</type>
  </wpt>

Hello, on Sunday I used the current version of GP following route with voice warnings, and everything worked correctly, which is what happens to you concretely?

Greetings troNpo

Mr. S

I have created a GPX file with icons. Actually there should be icons for left and right at the intersections. But no icons are displayed. Earlier it was possible.

Tronpo

Quote from: Mr. S on July 23, 2023, 06:11:18 PM
I have created a GPX file with icons. Actually there should be icons for left and right at the intersections. But no icons are displayed. Earlier it was possible.

Hello, how do you add the icons? For example with the track editor it works well.
I exported the track in gpx and then reloaded and the icons are there.
An example :
https://youtube.com/shorts/WfdnPvkKX9g?feature=share

Or maybe you've created the waypoints first and then attached to the route?

🅃🅁🄾🄽🄿🄾