Hiding Android Status Bar in OruxMaps

Started by matt, April 14, 2018, 08:23:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

matt

Hello OruxMaps lovers,

when i use OM, i like to see as much of the map as possible, therefor e.g. i use "Transparent button bar", customized dashboard/buttons background with transparency and buttons that are hiding.

While playing with my new phone i realized again, that i have never understood the difference of two options in

Settings->User interface->Miscellaneous UI:

- Immersive mode (Requires android 4.4 or above)

- Status Bar (Hide Android Status Bar)

If i activate only one of them, or both together, the effect seems to be the same for me?

The android status bar is hidden, but can be temporarily shown using a "swipe down" on top of the OruxMaps screen.

Am i missing something, e.g. the purpose/meaning of "Immersive mode"?

Matt

orux

Quote from: matt post_id=13254 time=1523687012 user_id=2693
Hello OruxMaps lovers,

when i use OM, i like to see as much of the map as possible, therefor e.g. i use "Transparent button bar", customized dashboard/buttons background with transparency and buttons that are hiding.

While playing with my new phone i realized again, that i have never understood the difference of two options in

Settings->User interface->Miscellaneous UI:

- Immersive mode (Requires android 4.4 or above)

- Status Bar (Hide Android Status Bar)

If i activate only one of them, or both together, the effect seems to be the same for me?

The android status bar is hidden, but can be temporarily shown using a "swipe down" on top of the OruxMaps screen.

Am i missing something, e.g. the purpose/meaning of "Immersive mode"?

Matt

Hello;

if you have a device with software keys instead of hard keys, they are also hidden if immersive mode.

orux