Hide Android Status Bar: not 100% working

Started by matt, February 13, 2019, 03:40:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matt

Hi,

since quite some time, i use the Setting "User Interface"->"Misc UI"-> "Status Bar (Hide Android Status Bar)".

I like to make use of the screen for OruxMaps, as much as possible.

Recently (7.4.14, maybe already in 7.4.13) i noticed that the Android Status Bar is visible, altough the above mentioned setting is active.

If i go then to the settings, take away the "tick" and immediately activate it again, the Android Status Bar disappears, as it should.

But after a fresh start of OruxMap the Android Status bar is visible again...

I see that on a Android 9, and also  on Android 6 phone.

Anyone else?

Matt

Juanjo

Hi Matt,

this is probably the same bug described https://www.oruxmaps.com/foro/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=21072">here, in my case with the 'Immersive mode' option.

It happens since 7.4.14, on 7.4.13 it was OK.

What I noticed since I reported it, is that if the application is closed using the back button,  next time it will open as it should.

Regards

matt

Quote from: Juanjo post_id=30547 time=1550072859 user_id=7258
What I noticed since I reported it, is that if the application is closed using the back button,  next time it will open as it should.

Yes, i think the app is  somehow in background, not fully closed.

In my phone, i can open something like "recent apps/apps in background", there i can finally close individual apps or all apps.

If i close (swipe away) OruxMaps, and then start OruxMaps "fresh" again, it does not open with these "Hide-Android-Status-Bar"-settings, as it should.

Matt