Offline Maps not working after switch to Android 12

Started by g_r, August 31, 2022, 02:05:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

g_r

Hi,

i recently switched to a new phone (Pixel 6a) running Android 12 with Orux Maps 7.0.2 and transferred the offline maps i was using on my old phone onto the new device.
Now i cannot load these maps. When trying to switch to one of these maps, i receive the following error message:

There were problems reading some maps!-->Layer

any help would be apprecidated
thx

matt

why are you running such an old v7.0.2? The current version on Playstore is v9.0.4.
And which offline maps? OpenAndroMaps or something else?

g_r

Hi matt,

seems this outdated version got transferred when i adopted the apps from my old phone.
now i downloaded 7.4.26 from https://www.oruxmaps.com/cs/en/more/downloads/ and installed that one after uninstalling the older one.
after the update i don't get an error message when switching to the offline maps, but the screen stays grey and there are only some round "reload" arrows displayed.

@offline maps: i created them with "Mobile Atlas Creator 1.9.16" in the OruxMaps Format (OruxMapsImages.db)

orux

Quote from: g_r on September 01, 2022, 10:06:55 PM
Hi matt,

seems this outdated version got transferred when i adopted the apps from my old phone.
now i downloaded 7.4.26 from https://www.oruxmaps.com/cs/en/more/downloads/ and installed that one after uninstalling the older one.
after the update i don't get an error message when switching to the offline maps, but the screen stays grey and there are only some round "reload" arrows displayed.

@offline maps: i created them with "Mobile Atlas Creator 1.9.16" in the OruxMaps Format (OruxMapsImages.db)

The app should read those maps fine, if they were transferred right to the new phone.
Send me one of those maps to check if they are right.

orux

g_r

thank you VERY much for asking the right(!) questions.

the maps i transferred onto the phone somehow only consisted of empty files.
after copying them over once again, everything is working fine

;D