Why option "Search POI, tap gesture" is always greyed out

Started by LaurentG, November 14, 2022, 06:00:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaurentG

In the Settings / Maps / Mapsforge settings, there is an option named "Search POI, tap gesture" that is always (in my case, at least...) greyed out, and the cannot be selected.

I'm not sure to 100% understand how it should work if selected.... but I cannot test it... since I cannot select it  ;)

So my question is : why is this option greyed out. Is it linked to another option that would be incompatible with it ?

Thanks for any valuable answer !

Agus

Quote from: LaurentG on November 14, 2022, 06:00:15 PM
In the Settings / Maps / Mapsforge settings, there is an option named "Search POI, tap gesture" that is always (in my case, at least...) greyed out, and the cannot be selected.

I'm not sure to 100% understand how it should work if selected.... but I cannot test it... since I cannot select it  ;)

So my question is : why is this option greyed out. Is it linked to another option that would be incompatible with it ?

Thanks for any valuable answer !

matt

maybe, in your case it is greyed out, because you have not selected an "Default POI offline database"?
Just above the "Search POI, tap gesture"

LaurentG

OK, @Agus, you show me it's not greyed in your case, but that doesn't explain why greyed in MY case

And @Matt, no, the default POI option is set in my case.

And I have the issue with BOTH free version (7.4.26) and GP version.... as you can see in screen copies.

afgb1977

LaurentG

Yes, of course, since one is set as default....
Actually, I have several ones, one associated to each OpenAndroMaps mapsforge map.

Why this question ?

matt

Interesting. On my 2 smart phones, this "Search POI, tap gesture" is NOT greyed out.

I just had a look on my tablet, which i use rarely to compare 7.4.26 with latest GP version running on my phone. And on that tablet the field is also greyed out.
Tablet and phone run both with comparable OruxMaps settings/profile.
Will now play a bit with that tablet...