How to reinstall Oruxmaps

Started by Ivan_S, December 03, 2023, 07:31:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ivan_S

Hi to all,
During last days my Oruxmaps (verso 10.xxx, bought 6 months ago from Playstore) showed increasing malfunctioning, from poor track records (especially at low speed, i.e walking, it frequently strongly deviates form the actual path of tens of meters even on flat surface and with no satellite signal problems), to difficulties to activate GPS localization and start track recording. Today it began to flash continuosly when I tried to activate track recording, no other action was possible and I was forced to shut off the phone repeatedly to stop the problem, but anyway it was not possible any further activity other than map showing.
I didn't find how to try/force an update to a new version. At the end I was desperate and I did a mistake and uninstalled the program, but then I realize that I don't have any copy of the original APK.

Am I forced to buy again the program or as a registered user I can in some way have the right to install it again for free?
Thank in advance to Orux or to anybody who can help me.
Ivan

matt

Hi Ivan,
since you bought it at GooglePlay store, simply look again in Google Play for "OruxMaps GP", and install again.
Should be version 10.5.0GP
I bought it once, and use OruxMaps on my 2 phones, with the same gmail account.

Matt

Ivan_S

Thank you, Matt
Done in a while, old mapfiles and tracklogs maintained, I was afraid of loosing them.
Even too simple, sorry for the stupid question.
Now I must test if it works properly or if the troubles I experienced had other sources.
Thank you again
Ivan