Hillshading & Mapsforge maps

Started by matt, August 07, 2018, 09:55:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

matt

Hello,

i am using OruxMaps with OpenAndroMaps/Elevate.

Until OruxMaps 7.3.1 there were two different options in "Settings->Maps->Mapsforge settings" to get hillshading (at the bottom of all settings).

Btw. it was only  possible to activate one option, but not both options together.

I was never able to use "Apply hill shadows using mapsforge built-in capabilities" to see hillshading on the map.

Is this maybe because the "Elevate Theme" is not supporting these "mapsforge built-in capabilities"?

I wonder if anyone was able to use hillshading using that mapsforge built in capabilities.

Hovever, i happily used the other option to get hillshading.

This morning i installed OruxMaps 7.3.2, and noticed that:

The one option of hillshading, which seems to work indepedent from mapsforge maps, moved up to "Settings->Maps"

And can also be activated via Menue->Overlay options->Show/hide shadows, good.

But i can now activate both hillshading options at the same time, "Settings->Maps->Mapsforge settings" and "Settings->Maps", and once hillshading in "Settings->Maps->Mapsforge settings" is activated, the Overlay/show shadows has no effect.

Also, in the modern menue, which swipes in from the left, in "Map tools" the new icon for hillshading is there, but labeled "Show/hide Grid" instead of "Show/hide shadows".

Matt

eartrumpet

Quote from: "matt"
Is this maybe because the "Elevate Theme" is not supporting these "mapsforge built-in capabilities"?

That's right. I tested this capabilities and found the hill shading is tinting flat areas too much, so colors of backgrounds get pretty dark. The OruxMaps hill shading is superior here.