Recent posts

BETAS / Re: New beta 10.6.x
Last post by Tronpo - Today at 03:10:43 PM
Good afternoon!!
In reference to the new search on waymarkedtrails.
-currently opens at the last GPS position, for me it would be more useful to open in the same position as the general map viewer, or add an option to move map to a point without fear than to navigate the whole map.
-many routes on the web have links that can provide a lot of information about the routes,
It would be very interesting if this could be seen from Oruxmaps.

-pass the route from the Waymarkedtrails screen to the planner.... Too much to ask? :)

Best regards!!
ERRORES/BUGS / Impossible to click on a waypo...
Last post by cyril42e - May 28, 2024, 08:38:29 PM
Hi,

I noticed that whenever I try to click on a waypoint that is close to a track, it is always the segment of the track that is selected, and never the waypoint, whatever the zoom level and the separation between them on the screen. It behaves as if the distance threshold to select the closest object was expressed in meters on the map instead of pixels on the screen, and as if the track had higher priority than waypoint. I feel that the opposite would be better, as it would allow to disambiguate which object we want to select by zooming in, and giving the priority to the punctual elements still allows to select linear elements by clicking somewhere else on them. As is, it is a blocking problem.

In the attached example, when I click around the waypoint in the middle of the screen, it always selects the track segment.

Is it a known issue ? Is there a workaround ?

Thanks

ERRORES/BUGS / Re: Can't export tracks
Last post by trifonapov - May 28, 2024, 07:16:19 AM
Quote from: Tronpo on May 26, 2024, 10:35:44 PMHello, look in settings > app storage > track folder.
Here it will tell you where Oruxmaps saves the exported tracK exported.
It's quite possible that orux isn't using the folder in memory you're looking at.
It is possible that after the upgrade the memory management permissions have changed, check it out.

Thank you! It was about the permission.
Last post by Tronpo - May 26, 2024, 10:39:53 PM
Quote from: Enrico on May 26, 2024, 02:17:18 PMHi, I have the same problem.
I cannot save a track after created it using the track planner for later use.
It seems the sistem doesn't save the track.
Bye.
Enrico (I)

Hello, after planning the route and giving ok, orux takes it to the map viewer, but does not save it in the database
To save to the data base click on the route or waypoint start, and on the floppy disk icon you have the option to save to the database or export the file (gpx, kml) for future use.
Last post by Tronpo - May 26, 2024, 10:35:44 PM
Quote from: trifonapov on May 25, 2024, 03:58:23 PMAfter finish the track I want to exported (no matter in which type of file) The app says that download is successful but in the oruxmaps folder there no file.

I'm with Xiaomi Poco X5 Pro with Android 14.

Not sure if the problem started after I changed the phone or after some update ot the app.

Hello, look in settings > app storage > track folder.
Here it will tell you where Oruxmaps saves the exported tracK exported.
It's quite possible that orux isn't using the folder in memory you're looking at.
It is possible that after the upgrade the memory management permissions have changed, check it out.
Last post by Enrico - May 26, 2024, 02:17:18 PM
Hi, I have the same problem.
I cannot save a track after created it using the track planner for later use.
It seems the sistem doesn't save the track.
Bye.
Enrico (I)
GENERAL / Re: SICAMI TRACKS
Last post by ventoux - May 26, 2024, 01:37:08 PM
Typology of activities.
There are two occurrences of 'E.Bike'.
Could you distinguish between road and mountain ?
ERRORES/BUGS / Re: Mapbox offline maps: Webse...
Last post by Hauke - May 26, 2024, 01:04:58 PM
Checked now with a very small map - same effect.
ERRORES/BUGS / Tracks/waypoins folders manage...
Last post by Fritzle - May 25, 2024, 05:00:24 PM
Tracks and/or waypoints folders names created in the past may contain non-alphanumeric characters (spaces, dots, underscores, etc.), e.g. tracks folder name "My favorite tracks", and are still accessible. But within recent version 10.6.3 as well as within some versions before, unfortunately keyboard input of those characters is ignored when creating a new tracks/waypoints folder. Only alphanumeric characters are accepted. Bug or feature?
ERRORES/BUGS / Can't export tracks
Last post by trifonapov - May 25, 2024, 03:58:23 PM
After finish the track I want to exported (no matter in which type of file) The app says that download is successful but in the oruxmaps folder there no file.

I'm with Xiaomi Poco X5 Pro with Android 14.

Not sure if the problem started after I changed the phone or after some update ot the app.