Compass - TMG line

Started by kkolesar, September 02, 2020, 08:46:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kkolesar

hi,

i was already writing about this topic once and received an answer, which i did not understand quite good but anyway i will comment this again. it is pure my personal opinion and maybe i do not understant TMG line purpose. in my case i have TMG line and compass map orientation and it is really confusing when you stand at one place, rotate around to view landscape and you look at one direction and TMG line is pointing to completely another direction. for me, as a user, it is confusing and annoying and i would prefer 'standard' solution when cursor direction (TMG line) is fixed up and only map is rotating. i beleive this would be much more user friendly.

Tronpo

Quote from: kkolesar on September 02, 2020, 08:46:54 PM
hi,

i was already writing about this topic once and received an answer, which i did not understand quite good but anyway i will comment this again. it is pure my personal opinion and maybe i do not understant TMG line purpose. in my case i have TMG line and compass map orientation and it is really confusing when you stand at one place, rotate around to view landscape and you look at one direction and TMG line is pointing to completely another direction. for me, as a user, it is confusing and annoying and i would prefer 'standard' solution when cursor direction (TMG line) is fixed up and only map is rotating. i beleive this would be much more user friendly.
Con la configuración que comentas es imposible que ocurra lo que quieres,el mapa siempre buscará orientación norte (como la brújula) y el cursor siempre gira según tu dirección GPS.
Porque no pruebas a cambiar la orientación del mapa?
Modo mapa " norte arriba" o si estás siguiendo un track " dirección arriba" te evitarás mareos

orux

Quote from: Tronpo on May 16, 2022, 12:32:08 PM
Con la configuración que comentas es imposible que ocurra lo que quieres,el mapa siempre buscará orientación norte (como la brújula) y el cursor siempre gira según tu dirección GPS.
Porque no pruebas a cambiar la orientación del mapa?
Modo mapa " norte arriba" o si estás siguiendo un track " dirección arriba" te evitarás mareos
Hello!
Track made good: Actual path travelled by the aircraft over the ground.

Heading: The direction that the aircraft nose (longitudinal axis) is pointing...
If you rotate around yourself, the TMG does not changes. What changes in that case is the heading.
If your map is rotating with the compass, then the heading is always in front of you.

There is no 'Heading line', maybe I add it in a future version.

orux