New beta version 8.2.x [CLOSED]

Started by orux, January 06, 2021, 03:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrea65

Beta 4 related total ascent calculation issue

Hello Orux,
one of the last times I tested the Beta 4, I voluntary disabled the DTM elevation model and I had a totally wrong total ascent calculation: 11.300m (wrong) against approximately 7.900m (real). Altitude algorithm was Threshold difference in both cases.

I had no time yet to verify if this problem is present also in Beta 6.

If you like, I can provide you the GXP file of that course by email.
Regards
Andrea

odin

nice work in beta6 previous bugs seemed to be fixed.

btw is there a way to batch move tracks to folders?, I looked but it seems you have to go to each track and assign a folder, this is not a huge priority but it would be a nice feature to have.

DarWog

Hi Orux,

I just tested : OruxMaps8.2.0beta6

First, there is a major improvement on .map vectormaps loading time compared to version 7.4.22 !!

My config :
* Samsung Galaxy A5 2017

Bugs:
* Map Settings > Map orientation > Map north up => the map still turns with fingers
* Map Settings > Load maps automatically > Never
** OK: it does not load a map when moving away from the map support
** KO: a new map still loads when zooming above the maximal available layer, from the selected offline map to another offline map (this is not the case in v7)

Comments:
* The measure icon is now in the main left menu, which is not very convenient when measuring multiple segments.
* The easiest way I found to measure is to use "Route > By hand" then "cancel".

Regards,
DarWog

eartrumpet

Hi Orux,
did you have a look at this?
https://oruxmaps.org/forum/index.php?topic=38548.msg49755#msg49755
The latest Beta 0.6 also has the same rendering issues with mapsforge maps.
Best regards,
Tobias

orux

Quote from: Andrea65 on March 02, 2021, 09:11:16 AM
Hello Orux,
I tried what you suggested but it did not work in my case.

I gave it 2 tries, first selecting "default map" as you said and the second time selecting "OpenTopoMap".
Both times I issued the "thumbnails rebuild" options 2 times to be sure the command was issued.
But, not resolution. My 2 thumbnails are still black black.

Anyway, the problem did not occur anymore and it is not critical. It may be not the case for you to invest time on solving this minor issue.
Regards,
Andrea

Quote from: orux on February 27, 2021, 11:05:27 AM
Quote from: Andrea65 on January 21, 2021, 02:37:10 PM
No way to update/create/reload thumbnails also with Beta4

Hello Orux,
this problem pop up first with 8.0.x beta and it is still present in the last Beta4.

As per attached screenshots, it is clearly evident that the map is OK, while the saved thumbnail it is not.
I tried and re-tried in different way to regenerate/reload the thumbnails, but I couldn't.

I suppose there is a bug.

Regards,
Andrea

Hello!

The app uses an online map to generate the thumbnails.

Try in last beta selecting 'default map' for thumbnails in Tracks settings.

There are some maps providers (OSM for example) that return a black tile under some circumstances, an error, for example. The app tries to regenerate only the thumbnails with no thumbnail, but not those with black background.

I have to find a solution...

orux
Hello!

The reload thumbnails does not solve the black background issue because the app sees that there is a thumbnail.
The only way to force a new thumbnail creation is in the Track statistics display. Tap the thumbnail, then say yes to reload.
It should work with black tiles (if you select the right background map).

orux

orux

Quote from: Andrea65 on March 02, 2021, 09:18:27 AM
Beta 4 related total ascent calculation issue

Hello Orux,
one of the last times I tested the Beta 4, I voluntary disabled the DTM elevation model and I had a totally wrong total ascent calculation: 11.300m (wrong) against approximately 7.900m (real). Altitude algorithm was Threshold difference in both cases.

I had no time yet to verify if this problem is present also in Beta 6.

If you like, I can provide you the GXP file of that course by email.
Regards
Andrea
Hello!

Check the route altitude profile, maybe the GPS is providing very bad altitude values. In those situations, select the other altitude calculation algorithm.

orux

orux

Quote from: odin on March 03, 2021, 12:13:37 PM
nice work in beta6 previous bugs seemed to be fixed.

btw is there a way to batch move tracks to folders?, I looked but it seems you have to go to each track and assign a folder, this is not a huge priority but it would be a nice feature to have.
No, there is no other way.
Maybe I add a massive modification option, like with waypoints...

orux

orux

Quote from: DarWog on March 04, 2021, 07:31:42 PM
Hi Orux,

I just tested : OruxMaps8.2.0beta6

First, there is a major improvement on .map vectormaps loading time compared to version 7.4.22 !!

My config :
* Samsung Galaxy A5 2017

Bugs:
* Map Settings > Map orientation > Map north up => the map still turns with fingers
* Map Settings > Load maps automatically > Never
** OK: it does not load a map when moving away from the map support
** KO: a new map still loads when zooming above the maximal available layer, from the selected offline map to another offline map (this is not the case in v7)

Comments:
* The measure icon is now in the main left menu, which is not very convenient when measuring multiple segments.
* The easiest way I found to measure is to use "Route > By hand" then "cancel".

Regards,
DarWog
map rotation -->North allows rotation with gestures, but when you reset the map position it returns to North up. Useful if you have rotated maps.
disable map auto load with zoom in map settings-->zoom settings
I do not understand the problem with measure icon. You can modify the button bars and add/put other buttons in settings.

orux

orux

Quote from: eartrumpet on March 06, 2021, 05:25:23 PM
Hi Orux,
did you have a look at this?
https://oruxmaps.org/forum/index.php?topic=38548.msg49755#msg49755
The latest Beta 0.6 also has the same rendering issues with mapsforge maps.
Best regards,
Tobias

It is an old problem, which was there for a long time.

I've been digging through mapsforge libraries a bit, and I think I've found the solution. The problem was that the library thought that the app used a single thread to create tiles, and did not do certain steps. Changing something, it should already work in the following beta.

Thanks for reminding me.

orux

orux

afgb1977

Hola Orux.
Estoy probando la última Beta, fantástica. Gracias por tener en cuenta las sugerencias de los usuarios.
Note algo con esta última Beta que no está presente en la anterior.
He dibujado una capa y trate de corregirla en el editor de Tracks, al seleccionar la opción "Selección Libre" para borrar varios puntos de la capa, Orux se cierra o se reinicia. Esto no ocurría con la beta anterior.
Nuevamente gracias.

Felipe

eartrumpet

Quote from: orux on March 07, 2021, 04:50:00 PM
It is an old problem, which was there for a long time.

I've been digging through mapsforge libraries a bit, and I think I've found the solution. The problem was that the library thought that the app used a single thread to create tiles, and did not do certain steps. Changing something, it should already work in the following beta.
Thanks, it's fixed in the latest beta. Also thanks for the single thread hint, using the single thread for creating mapsforge maps is also a workaround for current GP version.
Regards,
Tobias

orux

New beta version, with some problems solved,

orux

Andrea65

Hello Orux,
with Beta8 I was able to rebuild the thumbnails as per your last instruction (below).
Thanks, Andrea

orux
[/quote]
[/quote]
Hello!

The reload thumbnails does not solve the black background issue because the app sees that there is a thumbnail.
The only way to force a new thumbnail creation is in the Track statistics display. Tap the thumbnail, then say yes to reload.
It should work with black tiles (if you select the right background map).

orux
[/quote]

Andrea65

Beta 9 strage behavior/bug: GPS altitude stuck at elevation of the starting point.

Hello Orux,
I tried beta 9 on a long (25km) mountain walk and for the first 15km or so the displayed GPS measured elevation was stuck to the elevation of the starting point (the DTM elevation instead was correctly reported accordingly with the current position).
However, despite this "error in the panel" the elevation points recorded were good and the total ascent calculated as well good.

Regards
Andrea