New beta version 8.5.x [CLOSED, PUBLISHED ON GOOGLE PLAY]

Started by orux, August 21, 2021, 12:48:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orux

A new beta, for some quick bug fixes:

:beta8
-->some changes using DEM based maps
-->changes in time in movement calculations.

:beta6
-->some new buttons added
-->improved map composition

:beta4
-->you can build button bars with drag & drop gesture.
-->you can sort text to speech messages to hear.
-->bugs corrections.

:beta3
-->fix some problems with WMS maps
-->highlight some (or all) of the map dashboard controls, using different background colors (settings -> user interface -> dashboard -> dashboard controls -> tap and select a color for the controls you want to highlight.

:beta1
-->new button for show/hide paths.
-->new option in settings--user interface--misc.-->max render speed. If you have a 5/10 Hz GPS you can test this option. It will try to render the map position at all the Hz.
-->bug fixes searching routes (with the statistics)

orux

tstreibl

Hi Orux,

when I switch profiles the left and right button bars don't change. It says "loading  profile" but the setting seems to be without effect. In the stable 8.5.1. GP switching profiles works as expected.

Best regards, Tilo

paoloianes

Maybe you have to go at:
General setting | Unified Interface
deflag the "default layout" which shows a simplified layout by default (for newbbies)?

tstreibl

Quote from: paoloianes on August 29, 2021, 04:05:47 PM
Maybe you have to go at:
General setting | Unified Interface
deflag the "default layout" which shows a simplified layout by default (for newbbies)?

Hi paoloianes,

thanks a lot - that's the solution! 

@Orux:  The "+" button of the unified interface to adjust the left/right button bars is a really, really cool new feature which you might add to the old interface as well? This way it would be very easy to adjust the left/right button bars in the old profiles as well. Alternatively you might consider making the old profiles available in the new unified interface as well? I guess other users may make the same mistake as me.

Best regards, Tilo

paoloianes

Quote from: tstreibl on August 29, 2021, 05:57:42 PM
Hi paoloianes,

thanks a lot - that's the solution! 

You are welcome!

Thanks
Orux for all your marvellous job!

If you don't mind, I would suggest some improvement, just in case of a new beta version:

1) on each menu page, indicate the upper menu branches. Eg .: global setting | user interface | buttons | button editor. Now sometimes I forget where I'm in the menus tree.

2) in global setting | user interface | buttons | button editor | I would suggest to make it possible to move the buttons up and down within the bar configurator. Now, if if I want to move a button in one of the bars, I have to delete all the ones below and repeat the entire configuration. Quite uncomfortable.

3) in global setting | tracks and routes | messages to pronounce | I would suggest to make it possible to move the position of the individual alert up and down and execute alerts in the order chosen by the user.

4) I my opinion, profiles are meant to record the different options for different uses. Eg: car, bicycle, haiking, running. If it is as mentioned, within each profile, the Mapsforge theme and the options of any styles should be recorded as well as the voice warnings (Eg: for "running" it could be important to know the rhythm every minute, for the "car" instead it could be useful that the warning route waypoint is pronounced 320 m in advance and the total distance every 5 or 10 km).

Andrea65

New 8.5.2 beta 3

Hello Orux,

I am new to this 8.5.2 branch and I found the new interface (as I got by default on my device: see attachment) absolutely missing of key entry: Traces/Courses Tools!

I could not find the way to access my local dbase to load a course. How can I have access to that?

Also I do not like, or I have not understood the usage of, the right new menu: it has only one entry "maps selection". Probably the case to move it on the left menu and remove the right menu.
And finally very confusing the right 3lines menu just displaying the elevation profile: better to have a nice appropriate button/icon.

Regards
Andrea

Andrea65

New 8.5.2 beta 3

Hello Orux,

I just tried to record a new activity ... but now I cannot clean-up the screen (remove this last activity/trace displayed).
Old entry/option not found anywhere ... I navigated all possible, I couldn't find how to get back to the old "Remove trace from the map" command.

Regards
Andrea

orux

Quote from: Andrea65 on September 03, 2021, 09:17:57 AM
New 8.5.2 beta 3

Hello Orux,

I am new to this 8.5.2 branch and I found the new interface (as I got by default on my device: see attachment) absolutely missing of key entry: Traces/Courses Tools!

I could not find the way to access my local dbase to load a course. How can I have access to that?

Also I do not like, or I have not understood the usage of, the right new menu: it has only one entry "maps selection". Probably the case to move it on the left menu and remove the right menu.
And finally very confusing the right 3lines menu just displaying the elevation profile: better to have a nice appropriate button/icon.

Regards
Andrea

Some considerations.

The new screen format tries to avoid using long menus in the action bar, something deprecated in Android for years. Any day really disappears, it is important to be prepared ...

The new format appears by default if it is the first installation of that version. If you are already an old user (if you update in beta version, GP, ...) the old format should appear.

You can always go to the old format, from global configuration -> unckeck unified interface.

You have all the options on the left side panel, to delete the current track -> Tracks/routes. To go to the list of your Tracks/routes, to the right of Tracks / routes you have a button that accesses the list.

All navigation options (load a route, start route tracking, ...) from the floating button at the bottom right.

orux

Andrea65

Hello Orux,
thanks for your support. I understand, I have to familiarize with the new interface... This is there now and it will be the future...
Kind regards and all the best for your development.
Andrea

Lenz

Hello Orux,
I found a two bugs in 8.5.2 beta 4:

- All options in "tweak mapsforge theme" are ignored (tested with Elevate). Oruxmaps sometimes even crashes after ending the selection.

- Icons for max and min altitude are not shown in routes created with brouter (whereas they are shown in manually drawn routes). Same behaviour in GP 8.5.2.

paoloianes

Quote from: orux on August 21, 2021, 12:48:11 PM

Hi Orux,
thank you very much for implementing these last two functions that I had suggested to you!

I suggest, if it seems like a good thing to you, to store as many settings as possible in the profiles so that each function can be linked to a specific profile (e.g. car, motorcycle, walking, hiking, running bicycle, kayak, sailing boat, etc.).
Each of these different uses requires a different map, a different mapforge theme, and also a different mapforge style. In addition, different voice alerts, different BRouter settings to draw the paths, different button bars, dashboards, in short, each thing should be set differently depending on the profile you choose to activate.

Thanks again and see you soon

Lenz

Quote from: Lenz on September 11, 2021, 11:31:51 PM
Hello Orux,

- All options in "tweak mapsforge theme" are ignored (tested with Elevate). Oruxmaps sometimes even crashes after ending the selection.

- Icons for max and min altitude are not shown in routes created with brouter (whereas they are shown in manually drawn routes). Same behaviour in GP 8.5.2.

Hello Orux,
the 'tweak mapsforge theme' issue is caused by old profiles. With a new installation of beta 4 and its standard profile everything works fine. When I load my 'old' profile - which was ok in earlier versions (including beta 3 and GP 8.5.2) - the selections are ignored. This also happens with the old standard profiles com.orux.oruxmaps_preferences and com.orux.oruxmapsDonate_preferences.

The max/min altitude issue is not affected by the profiles problem.

Another question: Is there a possibility to hide the navigation floating button in the unified interface? The option in user interface - buttons - navigation floating button has no effect in unified interface - the button is always shown (independent from the profiles).

orux

Quote from: Lenz on September 19, 2021, 03:11:38 PM
Quote from: Lenz on September 11, 2021, 11:31:51 PM
Hello Orux,

Hello Orux,
the 'tweak mapsforge theme' issue is caused by old profiles. With a new installation of beta 4 and its standard profile everything works fine. When I load my 'old' profile - which was ok in earlier versions (including beta 3 and GP 8.5.2) - the selections are ignored. This also happens with the old standard profiles com.orux.oruxmaps_preferences and com.orux.oruxmapsDonate_preferences.

The max/min altitude issue is not affected by the profiles problem.

Another question: Is there a possibility to hide the navigation floating button in the unified interface? The option in user interface - buttons - navigation floating button has no effect in unified interface - the button is always shown (independent from the profiles).

In the last beta we go back to the previous system, about mapsforge maps settings

theme settings cannot be linked to each profile, because mapsforge libraries can only use one set of settings per theme.
orux

Agus

Quote from: orux on August 21, 2021, 12:48:11 PM
A new beta, for some quick bug fixes:

https://oruxmaps.org/OruxMaps8.5.2beta6.apk

:beta6
-->some new buttons added
-->improved map composition

-->bugs corrections.

:beta3
-->fix some problems with WMS maps
-->highlight some (or all) of the map dashboard controls, using different background colors (settings -> user interface -> dashboard -> dashboard controls -> tap and select a color for the controls you want to highlight.

:beta1
-->new button for show/hide paths.
-->new option in settings--user interface--misc.-->max render speed. If you have a 5/10 Hz GPS you can test this option. It will try to render the map position at all the Hz.
-->bug fixes searching routes (with the statistics)

orux

Hola Orux

Ya funciona Zona Vistas y Corte topográfico creando track.

Una gran mejora al crear mapas compuestos.

Muchas gracias por este gran trabajo. Saludos!;

Lenz

Quote from: orux on September 28, 2021, 07:52:00 PM
theme settings cannot be linked to each profile, because mapsforge libraries can only use one set of settings per theme.
orux

Hello Orux,
this was not the problem. With my 'old' profile Oruxmaps ignored all deselections in 'tweak mapsforge maps' which means all elements of the maps were shown no matter what was deselected. With a new profile it worked as expected.
With the new beta 6 this and the max/min altitude icon issue are solved.
But now mapsforge hillshading doesn't work: map rendering is slower but hillshading is not shown.

Regards
Lenz