New beta version 8.5.x [CLOSED, PUBLISHED ON GOOGLE PLAY]

Started by orux, August 21, 2021, 12:48:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

afgb1977

Quote from: Lenz on September 30, 2021, 01:39:28 AM
Quote from: orux on September 28, 2021, 07:52:00 PM
theme settings cannot be linked to each profile, because mapsforge libraries can only use one set of settings per theme.
orux

Hello Orux,
this was not the problem. With my 'old' profile Oruxmaps ignored all deselections in 'tweak mapsforge maps' which means all elements of the maps were shown no matter what was deselected. With a new profile it worked as expected.
With the new beta 6 this and the max/min altitude icon issue are solved.
But now mapsforge hillshading doesn't work: map rendering is slower but hillshading is not shown.

Regards
Lenz

Shading applicable only to MapsForge works correctly. You can verify it using the Default Theme.
What has changed is that Elevate and Elevate-based themes do not contain the corresponding line of code.
Add the following line, you can put it penultimate in the Renders that do not have it.

<hillshading />

Lenz

Hello Orux,

I have already added <hillshading /> to Elevate in last November or December when Oruxmaps hillshading slowed down map rendering extremely on my Xiaomi Redmi 4X.
After removing and installing beta 6, Mapsforge hillshading is working again. Maybe I have to replace my beloved Redmi soon.

Regards
Martin

lneam

on 17/9 i download from playstore the OruxMaps GP 8.5.2GP

how is it possible on the first post, to be found the OruxMaps8.5.2beta6. If it was OruxMaps8.5.3beta6, it will be logical

Lenz

Hello Orux,
I haven't done much testing with beta 8 but the rendering speed with native Oruxmaps hillshading is really fantastic - even on my quite old phone!
Thank you very much.

Lenz

Juanjo

Hi Orux,

QuoteI haven't done much testing with beta 8 but the rendering speed with native Oruxmaps hillshading is really fantastic - even on my quite old phone!

same here, hillshading looks much faster and also less darker.

It also seems that the bug about XY margins with mbtiles maps discussed here is partially solved. I say partially because now, when I have margins set, oruxmaps is proposing me to switch to a new map before I reach the edge of the current one, but ... it does not show all the available maps at the new location. I don't know if this is relevant here, but the missing maps in the proposed list are mbtiles maps.

Finally a request: it seems that using the new nominatim geocoder search results are limited to 10. Would it be possible to raise the limit to 50 (which is the maximum number of results that nominatim will ever return)?

Regards

abdullahosm

Thank you for this wonderful program.And I have a few simple suggestions:
- Make the "Search in map (offline)" button available to add to the buttons on the map viewer.
- Possibility to search Garmin's img maps.
- Is it possible to add a feature that shows the DEM files that you have downloaded from those that are not?

Also please add the text "ignore boundingbox" in "Search in map (offline)" to the translation file.

Thank you very much and accept my best regards and appreciation

orux

Quote from: abdullahosm on October 06, 2021, 07:20:27 AM
Thank you for this wonderful program.And I have a few simple suggestions:
1- Make the "Search in map (offline)" button available to add to the buttons on the map viewer.
2- Possibility to search Garmin's img maps.
3- Is it possible to add a feature that shows the DEM files that you have downloaded from those that are not?

4- Also please add the text "ignore boundingbox" in "Search in map (offline)" to the translation file.

Thank you very much and accept my best regards and appreciation
Hello!

1-Done for next version.
2.-I will check, It is a pending work for many years. The libraries that read the .img maps are very old ...
3.-The map you see there is an external url, it is a web browser, I can not control it. But maybe I can tell you after you select a zone if you already downloaded it.
4.-Done.

orux

abdullahosm

Quote from: orux on October 08, 2021, 06:50:12 PM
Hello!

1-Done for next version.
2.-I will check, It is a pending work for many years. The libraries that read the .img maps are very old ...
3.-The map you see there is an external url, it is a web browser, I can not control it. But maybe I can tell you after you select a zone if you already downloaded it.
4.-Done.

orux

Thank you very much, I thought it was easy to add the search feature in Garmin Maps so it's not that important there are no new img maps coming out and most of the map editors have moved to other formats so if it's complicated don't bother with it.
Also I have a suggestion for routing because ourx routing tools don't routing in remote places (unless I use the "search a route" button and map out the step-by-step routing, some other apps have workarounds where they route to the nearest route Then direct direction to the place.

best regards
abdullah

Lenz

Hello Orux,
a small bug in 8.5.3 beta 8 and also in GP 8.5.4:
When you reorder the buttons in the button bar or add a button by drag and drop gestures, the button bar is not saved. When you add a button in the "traditional way" and change the order of the buttons by drag and drop gestures, everything works as expected.

And two suggestions:
1. What do you think about adding the zoom level to the scale bar (underneath)?
2. Someone asked for it some time ago: Is it possible to unify the search route tool and the create route tool - so you can plan routes with pathless sections without changing the tools.

Regards
Lenz

YvanCB

Hello,
I completely agree with the 2nd suggestion of Lenz. Sometimes I have some trouble with pathless section. It could be great to find a way to make it possible to "draw" a line when there is no path in the database of Brouter (or graphhopper).
Regards.