New beta version 8.5.x [CLOSED]

Started by orux, October 21, 2021, 01:08:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ut

Hello, in my today test (track almost without flat path) with RC3 statistic are very right :D

original track D+ 513m ascending 4,3 km + descending 5,1 km   very near 9,5 total km reported in statistics

correct altitude  radius 4  <-- in my opinion this is the best correction for slow path (by mtb or foot)
corrected D+ 474m  ascending 4,6 km + descending 4,8 km very near 9,5 total km reported in statistics

correct altitude  radius 4 + semplified track  value 20
corrected D+ 458m  ascending 4,3 km + descending 5,1 km very near 9,5 total reported in statistics

Thank you for your great job 8)

YvanCB

Hello,
When I use OruxMaps on main screen (where I can see the map) during my bike travels the smartphone doesn't lock the screen; it switches off only. It's a very good thing.
Therefore, if use the "trip computer view", the smartphone locks the screen after a few times. I have to enter my code to unlock it. It's annoying and dangerous (no more eyes on the road).
Is there any solution?
For your information I'm using a Huaweï P40 pro+. I don't remember if the problem was the same on mu old smartphone.
Regards.

YvanCB

Hello,

The problem of smartphone locking seems to be present only with my HUAWEI P40 Pro +.
I have to looking for the parameter on my phone to avoid this locking screen issue  :( :-\.

NB :
If I activate the "Screen Always On" option in Oruxmaps and if I switch of the screen by pressing the power button the issue is there.

Regards.

Andrea65

Problem rendering Zoom-IN and OUT of Garmin maps

Hello Orux,
I didn't notice it before, but surely in previous stable versions it was not there.
Zooming-IN and OUT of Garmin maps, at certain zoom levels the maps are rendered corrupted as herein attached.
I think it is bug of this RC3
Regards, Andrea

Mapper-Alps12

Hola Orux,

I have the same Problem that Andrea65 reportet in Post above with mbtiles-maps in RC3. There the maps have big black parts like missing tiles. It was not there in beta20 and is also not in 8.5.5GP oder 7.4.24. I also think it must be a bug in RC3.
Regards and thanks for fixing it.

Lenz

Hello Orux,
I can confirm the bug with the black areas in RC3 (9.0.0 is not available in Play Store for me yet) with OpenAndroMaps. It only occurs when hill shading is activated.
After clearing the raster cache it works fine - but only for a while.

ut

Hi Orux,
for me too, a problem with zoom in/out with RC3.
With the same map and with the same theme on old Orux 7.4 the refuge and path are clearly visible, on another phone with RC3 they do not appear !!
After 3-4 zoom in/out of the area refuge and path magically appear !!

We were two to look at ... and therefore I'm sure of the miracle  :D

Andrea65

Hi Orux,
you closed this BETA section, but the RC3 has significant problems...
I hope you would reconsider to re-open the testing/fixing before putting the new release on the market store.
Regards, Andrea

eartrumpet

Quote from: Andrea65 on May 12, 2022, 08:02:26 AM
Hi Orux,
you closed this BETA section, but the RC3 has significant problems...
I hope you would reconsider to re-open the testing/fixing before putting the new release on the market store.
Regards, Andrea

See here:
https://oruxmaps.org/forum/index.php?topic=40501.0