New beta version 8.5.x [CLOSED]

Started by orux, October 21, 2021, 01:08:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ivarmu

With beta version greater than 8.5.3, the ANT+ isn't working anymore, giving an error to connect with the ANT+ Plugins Service. I'm on a Samsung Galaxy 10+ device with Android 11.

paoloianes

Hi Orux,
I always thank you for everything you do to improve your wonderful app every day!
I have 4 ideas to submit to you:
1) MAPSFORGE. I often use different Mapsforge styles. Each style has its own symbols and colors, and especially for the description of the streets it is not easy to interpret them. Would it be a good idea for you to add a legend for each style to the menu where the styles are selected so that you can quickly know the meaning of a symbol or a color on the map?
2) TWO FINGER MESUREMENT.  I often use the convenient function to measure distance with two fingers. However, the command window at the bottom is too large and takes up a lot of screen space. Would it be a good idea for you to position the different controls differently so as to draw it smaller? Or make it disappear for as long as the two fingers touch the screen and make it disappear when the fingers are detached?
3) PROFLE & CONTEXT. I often use Orxmaps in different contexts: car, hiking, bicycle. Each different context requires different settings. Would it be a good idea for you to insert all the different settings into the various profiles so that you can create a personal profile for each different context of use?
4) STATISTICS WINDOWS. I often use the track statistics window. Would it be a good idea for you to allow the user to choose which data,and where, to display in the trak statistics window?

orux

Quote from: ivarmu on November 14, 2021, 07:25:48 AM
With beta version greater than 8.5.3, the ANT+ isn't working anymore, giving an error to connect with the ANT+ Plugins Service. I'm on a Samsung Galaxy 10+ device with Android 11.
Hello!
could you try with last beta version,

orux

Juanjo

Hola orux,

hay un bug en la última beta con los mapas basados en DEM, se muestran siempre las mismas teselas.

Saludos.

YvanCB

Hello,
I agree with Juanjo, there's an issue with Dem's Map.
Can you have a look to the attached file?
Regards.

lucstti

Hello, I have the same problem of Ivarmu on Samsung Galaxy A51 - Android 11 with version 8.5.5beta4. Ant+ error is: Error reading Ant+ Dependency_not_installed (but Ant+ plugins service is installed and work fine with 8.5.3 version). Regards

orux

Quote from: lucstti on November 18, 2021, 11:48:41 PM
Hello, I have the same problem of Ivarmu on Samsung Galaxy A51 - Android 11 with version 8.5.5beta4. Ant+ error is: Error reading Ant+ Dependency_not_installed (but Ant+ plugins service is installed and work fine with 8.5.3 version). Regards

Hello!

Could you try with last beta version.
ANT+ problem and relief maps problem should be solved,

orux

Juanjo

Quote from: orux on November 19, 2021, 06:32:19 PM

Hi orux,

it looks like the DEM based maps issue is not fully resolved, there were two bug here:

- the same tile was repeated again and again

- when switching to another DEM based map it was not showing.

I didn't mention the second one because I was thinking that they were somehow related but it doesn't seem to be the case. When displaying a DEM based map, shifting to another DEM based one, tiles from the previous map remain on the screen. See attachment to understand what I mean.

Regards

Agus

Quote from: orux on October 21, 2021, 01:08:06 PM
Hello!
PLEASE! READ CAREFULLY NEXT INFORMATION BEFORE INSTALLING THE NEW BETA, BECAUSE IT INCLUDES THE NEW RESTRICTIONS TO THE DEVICE INTERNAL STORAGE.

The new beta can be used in the following ways:

a) If you have a previous beta installed (you do an update). Then two options will be possible:

a.1) do not migrate at all the data to the private storage of the app. Everything continues as before. But at the time of uninstalling and reinstalling, you will be in option b).

a.2) migrate the data. It is a difficult process, but it must work. The current app data (maps, tracks databases,...) is copied in the private folder of the app (it can be in the SD if an SD is used in addition to the internal storage). IMPORTANT: The old data (folders and files) in the internal storage/SD are NOT erased, to continue using them with other versions. If the user wants, he could delete them. Obviously the app no longer shares data with other versions of the app. The Tracks database is its own. Tracks recorded in the beta version will not be seen in the list of Tracks in the GP version, for example.

b) If you do not have a previous beta installed, the app will use the private storage, yes or yes, by obligation (Android no longer allows apps to access the root of the internal storage, where previous versions of the app usually store all the app information). In this case the app offers two tools in global configuration -> app storage to move/import files from/to the app:

• -> Import resources: With this tool you can tell the app resources (by type, map, tracks, ...) that can be copied to the app private folders.
  • -> Open Android File Manager: With this tool the app opens the Android file browser, inside the private folders of the app, to allow you to copy files from the private folders of the app to another directory of your device. For example, if you are going to uninstall the app, in this way you can copy things before Android deletes all the app folders (remember that Android deletes all the app files in private folders when you uninstall an app !!).
It is stupid, but that file browser does not allow to copy entire folders! Here you can find file browsers that can do that work friendly (Working at this moment, I don't know if in a future they will be able to do that, if they compile the app with last SDK; I recommend 'Explorer' app): https://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comments/j3zgmm/managing_files_in_the_androiddata_folder_on/

POR FAVOR, LEER DETENIDAMENTE EL SIGUIENTE AVISO, LA NUEVA BETA INCLUYE LAS RESTRICCIONES DE ACCESO AL ALMACENAMIENTO INTERNO A QUE OBLIGA ANDROID.

La beta se puede usar de los siguientes modos:

a) si tienes instalada una beta previa (haces una actualización). Entonces se abren dos opciones:

a.1) no migrar los datos al almacenamiento privado de la app. Todo sigue como antes. En el momento de desinstalar y volver a instalar, se estará en la opción b).

a.2) migrar los datos. Es un proceso difícil, pero debe funcionar. Los datos actuales se copian en la carpeta privada de la app (puede ser en la SD si además del almacenamiento interno se usa una SD). Los datos (carpetas y ficheros) antiguos en el almacenamiento interno/SD NO se borran, para seguir usándolos con otras versiones. Si el usuario quiere podría borrarlos. Evidentemente la app ya no comparte datos con otras versiones de la app. La base de datos de Tracks es propia. Los Tracks grabados en la versión beta no se verán en el listado de Tracks de la versión GP, por ejemplo.

b) si no se tiene instalada una beta previa, la app utilizará sí o sí, por obligación, el almacenamiento privado (Android no deja ya a las apps acceder a la raíz del almacenamiento interno). En este caso la app ofrece dos herramientas en configuración global-->almacenamiento app para mover/importar ficheros de/hacia la app:

• -> Importar recursos: Con esta herramienta puede indicar los recursos de la aplicación (por tipo, mapa, pistas, ...) que se pueden copiar a las carpetas privadas de la aplicación.
  • -> Abrir Administrador de archivos de Android: Con esta herramienta, la aplicación abre el navegador de archivos de Android, dentro de las carpetas privadas de la aplicación, para permitirte copiar archivos de las carpetas privadas de la aplicación a otro directorio de tu dispositivo. Por ejemplo, si vas a desinstalar la aplicación, de esta forma puedes copiar cosas antes de que Android borre todas las carpetas de la aplicación (recuerda que Android borra todos los archivos de la aplicación en carpetas privadas cuando desinstalas una aplicación).
Es estúpido, ¡pero ese explorador de archivos no permite copiar carpetas enteras! Aquí puede encontrar navegadores de archivos que pueden hacer ese trabajo de manera amigable (recomiendo Explorer): https://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comments/j3zgmm/managing_files_in_the_androiddata_folder_on/

beta6:
->bugs corrections

beta5:-->Geotiff maps improvements.-
->bugs corrections

beta4:
-->added an option about Android 11 SAF. global settings-->app storage-->Restore an old installation: to copy a full OruxMaps old installation from the internal storage to the private to the app storage.
-->added coloured night mode: map settings-->colorized night maps.
-->support to garmin extension (base camp routes) in gpx files.
-->new text to speech fields (altitude up/down).

beta1:
-->Android 30 SDK storage limitations.
-->Use patterns with Waypoint names. You can use some patterns to customize the waypoint names (global settings-->Waypoints-->Waypoint name patterns).-
-->Support to a different barometer-termometer device: https://oruxmaps.org/forum/index.php?topic=40161.msg52314

The beta version:

https://oruxmaps.org/OruxMaps8.5.5beta6.apk

I recommend starting with option a) then a.1) If you do not have a beta preinstalled, you can use this old beta first: https://oruxmaps.org/OruxMaps8.5.3beta8b.apk

orux

Hola Orux.

Antes de nada enhorabuena por la evolución que está tomando la app y en particular por el nuevo modo noche.

En las betas 5 y 6 ocurre un error pero no es 100% culpa de la app. Resulta que ni en el cuadro de mando de la pantalla ni en los de la computadora de viaje aparece el número de satélites visualizados (adjunto captura).

Como dije antes no es todo fallo de la app porque no pasa en todos los móviles, me ocurre en un Redmi Note 8 Pro con Android 11 y MIUI 12.5.4

SALUDOS

lucstti

Quote from: orux on November 19, 2021, 06:32:19 PM
Quote from: lucstti on November 18, 2021, 11:48:41 PM

Hello!

orux

Thanks now ANT+ works fine
Luciano

orux

Hola Orux.

Antes de nada enhorabuena por la evolución que está tomando la app y en particular por el nuevo modo noche.

En las betas 5 y 6 ocurre un error pero no es 100% culpa de la app. Resulta que ni en el cuadro de mando de la pantalla ni en los de la computadora de viaje aparece el número de satélites visualizados (adjunto captura).

Como dije antes no es todo fallo de la app porque no pasa en todos los móviles, me ocurre en un Redmi Note 8 Pro con Android 11 y MIUI 12.5.4

SALUDOS

Hola!
Comprueba que no estés usando el 'proveedor de localizaciones fusionado' en ajustes GPS. Para ese proveedor no hay esa información, la de satélites en uso, Android no lo proporciona,

orux

Agus

Quote from: orux on November 22, 2021, 06:52:38 AM

Hola Orux.

SALUDOS

Hola!
Comprueba que no estés usando el 'proveedor de localizaciones fusionado' en ajustes GPS. Para ese proveedor no hay esa información, la de satélites en uso, Android no lo proporciona,

orux

Buenas Orux

El proveedor de localizaciones fusionado lo tengo desactivado. He probado activándolo y continúa igual. En la 8.5.5 GP sin problemas

Un saludo

notbru

Hola orux,
i have one gpx-file with two tracks <trk> inside.
with 8.5.5beta6 only the first track is shown, when loading the gpx.
with 7.4.24 both tracks are shown, as it is preferred.

Could you please have a look at the beta.
Thank you,
notbru

orux

Quote from: Agus on November 22, 2021, 08:49:58 AM
Quote from: orux on November 22, 2021, 06:52:38 AM

Hola Orux.

SALUDOS

Hola!

orux

Buenas Orux

El proveedor de localizaciones fusionado lo tengo desactivado. He probado activándolo y continúa igual. En la 8.5.5 GP sin problemas

Un saludo
Sí, gracias;
Tengo que cambiar un par de cosas, al usar el sdk 31 ya no funciona igual que antes,

orux

orux

Quote from: notbru on November 26, 2021, 06:45:54 PM
Hola orux,
i have one gpx-file with two tracks <trk> inside.
with 8.5.5beta6 only the first track is shown, when loading the gpx.
with 7.4.24 both tracks are shown, as it is preferred.

Could you please have a look at the beta.
Thank you,
notbru
Hello!
Now when you import a gpx with more than one track, each track is imported separately, as a different Track. Do you mean when you mean when you load that gpx into the map?

orux