New beta version 9.X betaxxxx [CLOSED]

Started by orux, May 11, 2022, 03:34:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

franck.etienne

1639850099214 is Unix timestamp.

Tronpo

Quote from: ut on May 24, 2022, 08:41:17 AM
Hello , a little thing with 9.0.2beta3:
when I import  a GPX file into the database the new entry has a strange name. For example "Track_1639850099214".

Before, the new entry had the same name that the  imported file:
File name = "abcd.gpx" gave an entry called "abcd".
Is it possible to have this function again?
ps:I remember the same problem with 8.5.x, then solved...

Hola!!
Te ocurre con todos los tracks o específicamente de alguna procedencia concreto?
He probado y a mí se cargan en la base de datos con el mismo nombre que tiene en tracklogs,tanto los gpx,KMZ...

Seguimos en ruta!!

matt

Quote from: ut on May 24, 2022, 08:41:17 AM
Hello , a little thing with 9.0.2beta3:
when I import  a GPX file into the database the new entry has a strange name. For example "Track_1639850099214".

Before, the new entry had the same name that the  imported file:
File name = "abcd.gpx" gave an entry called "abcd".
Is it possible to have this function again?
ps:I remember the same problem with 8.5.x, then solved...
Same for me on 9.0.2 GP:
I import a *.gpx, which i have previously downloaded from http://www.outdooractive.com
And it shows in in the track DB as "Track_<EPOCH Timestamp of the time i imported it>"
In previous versions the name in the db was corresponding to the name-tag within the gpx file (metadata?), or the filename itself? Not sure..

EDIT: i just noticed, if i put the "abcd.gpx" file into the tracklogs directory of OruxMaps and then import that gpx from within OruxMaps, it adds it to the DB named as "abcd".
But if i navigate to any other directory, e.g. "Downloads"or somewhere at GoogleDrive, and import from there, i have the name as "Track_<EPOCH Timestamp of the time i imported it>"

EDIT2: The behaviour seems to be related to the Android version? What i described above happens on my Android11 phone. On my older Android 6 phone all imported *.gpx show up in the DB with a name that correspond to the filename, independent from the directory i imported it from.

Matt

YvanCB

Hello,
In a previous version I had the problem.
In this 9.0.2beta3 no problem for me.
The GPX file keeps the name structure when it is imported in the database.
Regards...

chilobo

Yesterday I upgraded to 9.0.2 GP after my Samsung XCover 5 upgraded to Android 11.
I used the data migration to the Android/data/... folder on my SD-Card.
Maps and themes were copied and can be used.

Tracks werde copied (I can see that by connecting with my PC via USB).
But the maps do not show up in oruxmaps, even after hitting the renew button.
Any suggestions?

added:
My tracks used to be in a seperated folder on the sd-card /orux/tracks, they were copied during the migration.
I used X-Plore file manager to access one of the tracks in the old folder, it was opened by oruxmaps, this track appeared as a route in oruxmaps and now is the only file appearing in "Tracks verwalten".

ut

Quote from: matt on May 25, 2022, 08:12:53 AM
Same for me on 9.0.2 GP:
I import a *.gpx, which i have previously downloaded from http://www.outdooractive.com
And it shows in in the track DB as "Track_<EPOCH Timestamp of the time i imported it>"
In previous versions the name in the db was corresponding to the name-tag within the gpx file (metadata?), or the filename itself? Not sure..

EDIT: i just noticed, if i put the "abcd.gpx" file into the tracklogs directory of OruxMaps and then import that gpx from within OruxMaps, it adds it to the DB named as "abcd".
But if i navigate to any other directory, e.g. "Downloads"or somewhere at GoogleDrive, and import from there, i have the name as "Track_<EPOCH Timestamp of the time i imported it>"

EDIT2: The behaviour seems to be related to the Android version? What i described above happens on my Android11 phone. On my older Android 6 phone all imported *.gpx show up in the DB with a name that correspond to the filename, independent from the directory i imported it from.

Matt

I confirm the problem with Android 11. On an other phone with Android 7 the .gpx is imported maintaining its corret name.
This happens with all the *.gpx files downloaded from outdoor web site o made by oruxmaps 9.0.2 beta3 itself.

orux

New beta update.
About track name problem, the app first tries to put the name included inside the gpx. If it doesn't have a name, it tries to put the name of the file. But with the file browsers of the operating system itself, it is possible that the app does not receive the name of the file, only a stream (the content of the file) is when the generic name Track_timestamp is used.

orux

ut

Hello, new 9.0.3beta1 solved the problem: now on Android11 tracks are imported in DB maintaining their original names :)
Thanks for your great job. ;D

Andrea65

Hello Orux,

in my case, also the last 9.0.3 Beta1 has problem of gpx renaming to Track_xxxxx.gpx in tracklog folder.
Any GPX I open from any "source" is then copied in tracklog folder with such a "useless" renaming.
And worse, if I repone the same track later, a new Track_xxxx.gpx file is created: so now I have several Track_xxxx.gpx of the exactly same GPX in tracklog folder!!!

Other small issue, I do not have anymore automatic association between GPX file type and OruxMaps application. I have all the time to search and select for OruxMaps to open that.

I am using a Huawei Nova 5T, with Android 10.

Regards
Andrea

franck.etienne

Hi Orux,
When I save a tracklog generated with BRouter, there are several beacons trkseg in gpx generated.
Is there a method to don't generate theses intermediary beacons ?
In menu tracklogs, all values are set to 0.
I try with huge value but there is always intermediary beacons.
Is there a trick I miss?

YvanCB

Hello Orux,
When you edit a track in the data base, the type is changing. If you don't save your track, the track type stays ok. But if you save it, the type is modified.
For information the type changes for the following choice in the list.
Can you have a look to this issue?
Regards.

Andrea65

About new 9.0.4 beta 1

Hello Orux,
this new beta still has the problem of renaming Track_XXXX.gpx any GPX I open and even to duplicate it any time I re-open.

However, at least this beta has the correct App automatic association of .gpx files. Now these files open directly into the app.

Regards, Andrea

Tronpo

Quote from: Andrea65 on June 03, 2022, 10:34:31 AM
About new 9.0.4 beta 1

Hello Orux,
this new beta still has the problem of renaming Track_XXXX.gpx any GPX I open and even to duplicate it any time I re-open.

However, at least this beta has the correct App automatic association of .gpx files. Now these files open directly into the app.

Regards, Andrea

Hola!! Perdona que pregunte es por curiosidad, a mí me nombra correctamente los gpx ,de cualquier procedencia.
Desde donde abres los gpx cuando ocurren los duplicados?
Desde el propio Oruxmaps base de datos o tracklogs?
O cuando los haces desde un archivo o servidor externo a la app?

Es curiosidad
Seguimos en ruta!!

YvanCB

Hello all,
I'm alone in the trouble with this issue?
Regards.

Quote from: YvanCB on June 03, 2022, 05:27:07 AM
Hello Orux,
When you edit a track in the data base, the type is changing. If you don't save your track, the track type stays ok. But if you save it, the type is modified.
For information the type changes for the following choice in the list.
Can you have a look to this issue?
Regards.

franck.etienne

Same issue for type with version v.9.0.4beta2.
I don't understand how it's works for type.