New beta version 9.x.x

Started by orux, November 24, 2022, 05:41:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tronpo

Quote from: ut on November 29, 2022, 09:46:47 AM
Hello, a small doubt: I found the new menu item: maps - legend, but it says not available for my map...
What file does this item expect to read and where should it be placed?

I use OAM with elevated theme and it would be convenient for me to open the .pdf associated with its symbols..

Mapsforge Legends [shortcut] Beta 7. We have a new function for Mapsforge maps, such as being able to view the legend of the map from Oruxmaps. Requirements: 1-Have the legend 🤣 (in your language preferably 😅) 2-Configure the access path. 3- Configuration is currently only possible in the unified interface.

Manage theme legends: This is the step to configure the access path. By default Oruxmaps will search the mapstyles folder. We can have the legend in the same folder of the theme (it is usually included in English) Or have a folder with all the legends (in my case translated). We can attach to the shortcut the legend in PDF or online mode (URL) depending on how we have it.

Video👇
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ccKLaA4fIkPV4MQbAagn9YcqPbcsl6h5/view?usp=drivesdk

To view the legend we just have to go back to the mapsforge theme menu and click on the legend icon.
Video👇
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ciHKnNBVQYp49vxJbwt47dodihmbaiGK/view?usp=drivesdk

🅃🅁🄾🄽🄿🄾

orux

Hello!

I just updated the beta with some changes.

orux

ut

Quote from: Tronpo on November 29, 2022, 10:33:37 AM
Mapsforge Legends [shortcut] Beta 7. We have a new function for Mapsforge maps, such as being able to view the legend of the map from Oruxmaps. Requirements: 1-Have the legend 🤣 (in your language preferably 😅) 2-Configure the access path. 3- Configuration is currently only possible in the unified interface.

Manage theme legends: This is the step to configure the access path. By default Oruxmaps will search the mapstyles folder. We can have the legend in the same folder of the theme (it is usually included in English) Or have a folder with all the legends (in my case translated). We can attach to the shortcut the legend in PDF or online mode (URL) depending on how we have it.

Video👇
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ccKLaA4fIkPV4MQbAagn9YcqPbcsl6h5/view?usp=drivesdk

To view the legend we just have to go back to the mapsforge theme menu and click on the legend icon.
Video👇
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ciHKnNBVQYp49vxJbwt47dodihmbaiGK/view?usp=drivesdk

🅃🅁🄾🄽🄿🄾

Thanks Tronpo, I understood the problem: I have to use Unified Interface !! Now  I managed to configure it and it works perfectly ;D
It would be nice if this function could be configured even without using Unified Interface, which old users, like me, don't love...

Andrea65

About VTM with Garmin vector maps (made from OpneMtbMaps) using the last Beta 4.

Hello Orux, it may be I have not understood the usage of the VTM option.

I enabled it (VTM map viewer), but I cannot see any difference in the rendering of the Garmin vector maps.

Am I missing something?

Kind regards, Andrea

ut

Quote from: orux on November 24, 2022, 05:41:54 PM
beta4:
-->Added a new option to get voice messages based on the increment/decrement of altitude (settings-->TTS/voice
I just tested this new function: it works perfectly!  :)
It is just what I wished as I said in https://oruxmaps.org/forum/index.php?topic=40684.msg53651#msg53651

Thank you very much from many bikers and ultrarunners!

orux

Quote from: Andrea65 on December 03, 2022, 05:18:58 PM
About VTM with Garmin vector maps (made from OpneMtbMaps) using the last Beta 4.

Hello Orux, it may be I have not understood the usage of the VTM option.

I enabled it (VTM map viewer), but I cannot see any difference in the rendering of the Garmin vector maps.

Am I missing something?

Kind regards, Andrea

Visually the map is the same (not with mapsforge maps). What changes is the fluidity, when moving the map, changing zoom levels...
New beta update.

orux

ut

Quote from: orux on November 24, 2022, 05:41:54 PM
:beta6
-->Added a button to access the news channel of the app. From there, notices or news relevant to the app will be posted.
good idea! .. however, the relative button is only present in the menu at the top left (3 horizontal lines) and does not appear in the menu at the top right (3 vertical dots). Perhaps it would be better if it appeared in both menus as each of us uses one or the other...

Agus

En la última beta 6 al cargar una ruta en el mapa y querer ver las estadísticas pinchando sobre ella se queda procesando y no las muestra. Adjunto capturas.

PD. Cada vez se hace más laborioso utilizar la app, lo digo porque también se quitaron los botones de acceso directo de "Propiedades" y se trasladó todo a un menú "Tres rayitas"

orux

Quote from: Agus on December 14, 2022, 04:52:58 PM
En la última beta 6 al cargar una ruta en el mapa y querer ver las estadísticas pinchando sobre ella se queda procesando y no las muestra. Adjunto capturas.

PD. Cada vez se hace más laborioso utilizar la app, lo digo porque también se quitaron los botones de acceso directo de "Propiedades" y se trasladó todo a un menú "Tres rayitas"

Actualizada la beta, debe resolverse ese problema.
Sobre los botones. Cada vez hay más opciones, y seguirán creciendo. Con iconos simples termina siendo difícil añadir nuevas opciones, y que sea fácil de interpretar lo que hacen...
Igual mantengo alguna de las opciones básicas en forma de botones.

orux

Agus

Quote from: orux on December 15, 2022, 09:18:26 AM
Actualizada la beta, debe resolverse ese problema.
Sobre los botones. Cada vez hay más opciones, y seguirán creciendo. Con iconos simples termina siendo difícil añadir nuevas opciones, y que sea fácil de interpretar lo que hacen...
Igual mantengo alguna de las opciones básicas en forma de botones.

orux

El problema se ha resuelto. Sería interesante que los botones del gestor de rutas y waypoints volvieran a recuperarse o al menos los principales como comentas para el apartado de propiedades.

YvanCB

Hello Orux, hello all,

Is it possible for you to have a look to something?
Now, with the new version of Oruxmaps, when I export a track to a gpx file the name is a little weird:
_![CDATA[2022-12-17 10_43_11]]__FCt6i.gpx

Is it possible to change this and make it work as usual?
The name should be something like this:
2022-12-17 10_43_11.gpx

Notice:
When I import the exported file to my favourite internet site (https://www.visugpx.com) I obtain the name below:
_![CDATA[2022-12-17 10_43_11]]
It's not like before. Before was better.😉

Regards.

Tronpo

Quote from: YvanCB on December 21, 2022, 06:39:37 AM
Hello Orux, hello all,

Now, with the new version of Oruxmaps, when I export a track to a gpx file the name is a little weird:

2022-12-17 10_43_11.gpx

Notice:
When I import the exported file to my favourite internet site (https://www.visugpx.com) I obtain the name below:

Regards.

Hello, a question, in tracklogs what name does the gpx receive?the correct name appears to me in tracklogs, when I look in the gpx code is when I see the name that you don't want.In my case when I upload the gpx to strava keeps the correct name and not the one inside the code_![CDATA....

orux

Quote from: YvanCB on December 21, 2022, 06:39:37 AM
Hello Orux, hello all,

2022-12-17 10_43_11.gpx

Notice:

Regards.
It is strange, the CDATA characters are normal xml characters, to indicate that can be spacial characters inside, like this:

<name><![CDATA[name]]></name>
There are no changes about this.
Export any track from your tracks list, then email me with that gpx file,

orux

YvanCB

Hello,

This afternoon I repeat the operation (export a track to a GPX file). The file is now with the good naming??!! I don't understand. Perhaps I made a bad manipulation on my smartphone this morning.
Anyway, when I import this file in VisuGPX, by default, the name is not correct. I have to rename it. Before it wasn't like this.

Any idea about this little issue?

Regards.

odin

Hi orux awsome work, vtm maps are awsome.

Btw I was wondering if it's possible to change the map source for the Route Statistics->Share Icon (top right)->Share a screen capture (ok) -> then it will use some online map source that doesnt load, I went through all the options but couldnt find anyway to change this.

or perhaps if you could link it to the same map source as the thumbnail map source that would work too.