New beta 10.5.x [CLOSING THIS THEAD, NEW BETA AVAILABLE]

Started by orux, January 10, 2024, 09:24:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tronpo

Hello orux!!
I see that in the last two betas you have removed the buttons to add layers, draw layers, delete layers that were previously in the layer settings dropdown.
At first I didn't think much of it, but then I realized that I had replaced those 3 buttons on my keypad with the layer adjustment button.
Which gave me flexibility. I know that those features can be accessed in a variety of ways.
I don't know how this influences other users, I don't particularly Bother  buttons.

abdullahosm

Quote from: Tronpo on January 16, 2024, 02:37:43 PM

I pass you here the link to my telegram channel, it is a repository of brouter profiles by is of help.

https://t.me/BrouterExplorandoOruxmaps

Thank you, I put forth this proposal to make this process easier for the average user who does not know how to edit .brf files or place them in program folders.

abdullahosm

There is a slight problem in the way the help displays the route plan, and this may be due to the language orientation. A video of the difference between these screens when the application language is in Arabic/English:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-t7q9ygLgc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ru3Kgljzqc

orux

Quote from: abdullahosm on January 30, 2024, 07:31:00 AM
There is a slight problem in the way the help displays the route plan, and this may be due to the language orientation. A video of the difference between these screens when the application language is in Arabic/English:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-t7q9ygLgc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ru3Kgljzqc
Hello!
The links seems to be privata, I can not see them,

orux

abdullahosm

Quote from: orux on January 30, 2024, 03:33:18 PM
Hello!
The links seems to be privata, I can not see them,

orux

Sorry about that, I fixed the links

odin

Hi Orux, great job on all the new features.
I was wondering if you could add an option to show the slope map overlay with a quick toggle similar to the show/hide shadows overlay option, this way I wouldn't need to create a custom map everytime to use the slope overlay.

Thanks!

Lenz

Quote from: Tronpo on January 29, 2024, 10:44:10 AM
Hello orux!!
I see that in the last two betas you have removed the buttons to add layers, draw layers, delete layers that were previously in the layer settings dropdown.
At first I didn't think much of it, but then I realized that I had replaced those 3 buttons on my keypad with the layer adjustment button.
Which gave me flexibility. I know that those features can be accessed in a variety of ways.
I don't know how this influences other users, I don't particularly Bother  buttons.

I absolutely agree with Tronpo. In my opinion the buttons in the layer settings are a great way to add easy access to functions while saving space at the same time.

odin

Thanks for adding the slope and relief map overlays, looks great!.

There does seem to be some transparency issues with the vtm map viewer, but looks fine in the standard viewer.

ut

On my phone with mapsforge maps (OAM) news slope and relief map overlays do not work with standard view (theme Elevate),
but only with VTM viewer and its theme

Tronpo

Quote from: ut on February 09, 2024, 11:17:21 AM
On my phone with mapsforge maps (OAM) news slope and relief map overlays do not work with standard view (theme Elevate),
but only with VTM viewer and its theme

It works for me with both viewers, on the online ones as well
But I note that it's best to choose viewer and map, before loading the layer, to avoid conflicts with the cache
When you switch viewers with the layer loaded, the cache is different.
It's my opinion

Tronpo

For the use of these overlays, would it be possible for the user to configure the transparency/opacity in some way beforehand?
For example, in dem-based maps configuration.
I don't know if it's technically Possible .
And I don't see the transparency currently established by default as inadequate.

PS: thanks for returning the buttons to the drop-down in layer settings

A transparency control like the one you give us with the mapbox subscription would be the perfect one, for these overlays.

https://youtube.com/shorts/0YEQbQ33yRw?si=gNrnSMr7ehLZurOH

Tronpo

Good morning Orux!!

1-In the track editor, when we execute the action of "split into segment" it would be optimal to be able to edit the created segment, at least give it a name, if it were possible to access the properties ,  just as we have when we create a waypoint.

2 -For the "Layer Adjustments" or "Path Adjustment" drop-down menus
An access to the segment  information would be very useful, a brief summary so as not to overload the screen with information, I think it would be very good.

Best regards!!

kkolesar

Quote from: kkolesar on January 26, 2024, 09:54:52 AM
minor thing, but please make the color of steeper slopes more different (>20% should be black)

Perfect solution in 10.5.7 version.
Thank you.

Lenz

Hello Orux,
among the "other minor changes" in beta 7 I found out that the "straight lines" option in the route planner ads intermediate points and thus fits the route to the landscapes surface. This is really great and makes route planning with longer off road sections really comfortable! Thanks a lot Orux.

When planning routes two really important parameters (at least for me) are the distance and the elevation gain. When you start the route planner these items are hidden by default and when you show them you lose a lot of the map with the sliders for highway/surface and graph. Maybe you could think about showing the route parameters by default and place the sliders above them (hidden by default).

Maybe you also could take a look at the elevation gain and loss calculation. When you plan a round trip with the route planner there are big differences in gain and loss which should be zero (or at least close to zero because of rounding errors). I tried it with some routes with a length of about 10 - 12 km an an elevation gain of 1000-1200 m which led to differences between 90 to nearly 200 m depending on the terrain. Even after an altitude correction with Sonny's DEM files the differences were huge. But when i joined the segments everything was ok.

Best regards
Martin

Tronpo

Quote from: orux on January 10, 2024, 09:24:05 AM
Hello!
We start a new series of betas, with interesting changes:

10.5.3beta1:
--new route planner, with more data and options during planning
--new layer manager
--changes in the interface, icons,...

10.5.3beta2:
--tracks/waypoints in two columns in landscape
--minor changes
--bug corrections

10.5.3beta3:
--minor changes

10.5.3beta4:
--new 'tweak routes' and 'tweak track' options, to tweak fine grained the visibility of all the routes shown in the mapviewer and access their properties and different tools.
--minor changes

10.5.3beta5:
--minor changes

10.5.3beta6:
--minor changes

10.5.3beta7:
--added new map overlays (slopes and relief)
--added an option to modify maximum slope value when painting the route with slopes (settings->user interface->Tracks/lines,...->Colored paths with slope)
--other minor changes

10.5.3beta8:
--minor changes

https://oruxmaps.org/OruxMaps10.5.3beta8.apk

orux

Hi orux, in beta 8
Track editor > free selection does not work.

Saludos