Loading Bob T's maps from Gpsfiledepot into Orux.

Started by tincan53, February 17, 2020, 11:58:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tincan53

I sent a request earlier but don't see it posted in the forum.   I am new at using Orux.  I am trying to load Bob T's maps for ATVs into Orux.  I copied the maps into the customwpts, mapfiles, mapstyles, and overlay,  and world folders but the program is not showing the maps as there. 

I had it available for a minute and then was trying to add an overlay map and then I couldn't find it again.  It's Bob T's WV-VA-Ky public map June 2019 in img and typ format.   Now I can't see it at all.  I down loaded a topo map and subscribed to your maps online.  But I can't get the WV-Va-Ky map to come up again.  Can't see it as available.

Thanks for your help.

orux

Quote from: tincan53 on February 17, 2020, 11:58:23 PM
  I sent a request earlier but don't see it posted in the forum.   I am new at using Orux.  I am trying to load Bob T's maps for ATVs into Orux.  I copied the maps into the customwpts, mapfiles, mapstyles, and overlay,  and world folders but the program is not showing the maps as there. 

I had it available for a minute and then was trying to add an overlay map and then I couldn't find it again.  It's Bob T's WV-VA-Ky public map June 2019 in img and typ format.   Now I can't see it at all.  I down loaded a topo map and subscribed to your maps online.  But I can't get the WV-Va-Ky map to come up again.  Can't see it as available.

Thanks for your help.

Hello!

You have to copy all the .img ant .typ files to oruxmaps/mapfiles/ folder in your device internal storage.
Then you can find in the action bar a button to refresh the map list.

Then you should see the .img maps in the maps list.

orux